Adding specifically crafted pawns to scenarios

Started by leyxasid, September 01, 2019, 11:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leyxasid

Greetings all,

I've done some cursory searching on both the wiki and the forums for any discussion of the following, with little success:

Is it possible to populate a scenario with a pool of pre-created pawns from which the player could select to be their "colony"?

The idea behind this is as follows:

* Define starting conditions for colony
* Pre-roll (or build) a group of pool pawns from which you could select
** Or even a set group which is run in that scenario
* I know that you can build pawns with 'vanilla' backstory, but can you extend upon them; for instance, assigning a story to one of the pre-rolls that defines them as a particular type of orphan with a specific adult set of job skills (I can't seem to be able to find where in the non-translated backstory xml lives)
* Finally, assign specific skill and traits for the pre-rolls but have a allow/disallow reroll option for the scenario.

What I'm thinking is this: Set up a scenario that models a pop culture group; The cast of Gilligan's Island, or Breaking Bad, or a group of pop-divas, for example, and sets them down in survival mode to see how twisted things become.

You'd want to model personalities and traits (and even relationships and physical traits, I'm sure) to match the personas of the modeled pawns. But I know that you can set those within the story as well.

Oh, and I'd like to know if you can change the hue/tint of a pawn, not just melanin levels (I'm thinking LGM, right off the bat).

Thanks!

Canute

Hi,
some things you can do with the ingame Scenario editor, like starting conditions.
For setup special pawn,resources and items i use.
EdB Prepare Carefully
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6261.0

leyxasid

Quote from: Canute on September 01, 2019, 12:06:13 PM
Hi,
some things you can do with the ingame Scenario editor, like starting conditions.
For setup special pawn,resources and items i use.
EdB Prepare Carefully
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6261.0

That's a great start for building the chars, thanks!

Now, do we know if there's a way to directly inject those chars into the scenario as the 'selectable' pawns?