When generating a new world game soft crashes back to planet seed screen

Started by joey3155, August 20, 2019, 11:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joey3155

So I finished my last game and decided to put together a new mod list for a medieval playthrough I set up all my mods and placed them together, and then I had RimWorld reload with those mods yet when I try to generate a new planet it returns me to the planet seed and settings screen.

This is a new issue my last savegame played with no problems, I also loaded my old mod list to see if the problem occurs there as well and that mod list the last time I checked was able to generate a new world with no problem. I tried restarting RimWorld no dice the problem seems isolated to my new mod list. Considering the new mod list also has issues with RimTheme loading it's classes and UI elements which it needs to do in order to switch Themes I took that out and it didn't fix the issue. I removed Medieval Edition, no dice. Changed Prepare Landing (which is reporting an issue with world generation... No dice. I'll go back in a few minutes and try some other mods but I can't figure out the problem. Below I attached screenshots with my mod list and logs from the last time I attempted to fix the issue. Even if Prepare Landing isn't causing the issue it is certainly affected or involved.

My Mod List: https://postimg.cc/gallery/11ojq596q/

My Logs: https://gist.github.com/09195a87eead541ea064873203ea41b7

Canute

Hi,
use a mod sorting tool like
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=48518.0
or sort them manual by hand so required mods are before the mod that need them.
If you still got problem's after that post a new logfile.
Btw. you should check the link's you are posting,  the github link include the modlist.

joey3155

I used the mod sorter but it still crashes before the world is generated. Out of my mod list what affects world and pawn generation cause that is what the log is posting after I try to create a world...

joey3155

Wait a minute I have to ask you guys a question...

My general gameplay modlist is my original mod that simply grew over the course of the 1200 hours I've played RimWorld. When I downloaded Fluffy's mod manager I immediately saved that list and it still works perfectly just loaded all the way to the play map.

The list that is giving me trouble was both built and saved in Fluffy's mod manager. Could I be onto something?

Hjkma

Try moving the Humanoid Alien Races above the AlienFacesExpanded. Also, the AlienFacesExpanded mod should be below all races. Also you have both AlienFaces mods. Are they duplicates or different mods?

Canute

Quote from: joey3155 on August 21, 2019, 06:20:13 PM
I used the mod sorter but it still crashes before the world is generated. Out of my mod list what affects world and pawn generation cause that is what the log is posting after I try to create a world...
You forget something
QuoteIf you still got problem's after that post a new logfile.
A new logfile would be helpful, so we see your new modlist and possible error's later.
(Any error after rimworld startup (before you create a new colony) is generel a bad thing and should be eliminated. Since these error msg. rarely point at the mod that cause these error it is recommend to activate mod's at small batches so you notice such error's early.

joey3155

Different mods. One is a universal patch for any and all races without specific patches, the other is a patch for several popular races (Orassan, Ratkin, Avali, etc.)

joey3155

*Pulls off bloody latex gloves*

Ok good people, I have finally got the Medieval Pack to load a planet!! I need to progress further and see if it makes it all the way to the game world proper but at least world generation, from what I can tell, seems to be working.

Canute

Yeah, a new (larger) modlist is allways some work at the beginning to get it working.
Since the great modding ability of Rimworld it can be very complex for modauthors to made it compactible with anything else. Special when serveral mod's modify similar things and one use a wrong way to modify these.
When no error's appear after Rimworld, at last the chances that anything is working is pretty high.

joey3155

I've kinda grown used to red errors both modlists generate huge sums of them during normal gameplay. I only worry when the game stops working correctly or if a conflict causes mod content to go missing. Otherwise I just ignore them I kinda expect them with large sums of mods interacting at once.

Funny thing is when I fixed world generation it also seems to have fixed my RimThemes issue as well... I need to confirm both which I'll do shortly I just want to eat breakfast.

joey3155

Ok I was able to load all the way to the actual game map so I guess I'm good to go? Anyway thank you all for helping me troubleshoot this issue. Arigato! :D