Renweable Raiding - How Do?

Started by Riddle78, August 22, 2019, 02:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riddle78

As a foreword,I have What The Hack,Alpha Animals,Giddy Up,GlitterTech,and a mod that allows me to designate materials to go into Marine Armour installed.

So,I want to raid bases. But I don't want to raze them to the ground,oh no. What I want to do is harvest them. Regularly. Once a quarter sort of regularly. So,this means that,when I hit a base,I need to ensure that I don't kill everybody dead,and I don't flatten every building. All while going in,blowing holes in walls,and absconding with choice morsels of loot. Issue being,I can fully imagine the AI mustering every single available pawn for the base's defence. And I can't kill them all,because if I do,the base won't repopulate,at least that's my assumption.

Any ideas for making renewable raiding possible?

Limdood

The only way i see this possibly working is by luring them.

Split your raid force in 2, move one to one side of the map, and the other to the other side...move a group in and trigger the enemies, who will come out to attack you, and you might be able to get the other group to run in behind the enemies and snag the loot.

Several problems might stymie you though:
- the base might be in a location that blocks you from taking up 2 opposite positions, or a mortar might make a long setup too dangerous
- your back raiders have to be able to clear the turrets or tank their fire...QUICKLY.
- your bait group needs to kill LESS THAN HALF of the opposing force...once you kill half, the enemies flee, and the base is considered "destroyed."
- The defenders might split and attack both groups

Kirby23590

I think it's kinda tough leaving survivors since if there are 5 guards and you killed 3, then 2 of them would run away and then the base is marked as destroyed.

Some mods like More Faction Interactions have something like Pirates or Raiders building an Outpost and taunting you that they built one near one of their bases, However if you ignore it for many days it turn into a full-fledged base, with of course an warning from the same pirate boss that taunting now laughing that said. Oh hey you ignored one of our outposts, so we turned into to a full base, and then he gives out an evil laugh.

Though you may destroy it with your army of elites clad in power armor with hacked mechanoids while riding dinosaurs, at least they are renewable or keeping the cycle in a way so that you may get another warning of them building another outpost while taunting you again when you have More Faction Interactions installed...

Otherwise in vanilla, there are quests that give you bandit camp given by friendly factions, they smaller however but the rewards are good if they aren't a masterwork golden sculpture and some legendary wooden gladius. ;)

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Riddle78

Alright,so if I need to keep at least half of the defenders alive,then I have a plan. I think.

-Breed ten Meadow Aves from Alpha Animals. Meadow Aves are like Final Fantasy's Chocobos; They're fast and they're pack animals. With Giddy Up installed,they also miraculously double in speed when mounted. This is a feature.
-Using A Dog Said,turn those Meadow Aves into cyborgs. This should jack up their movement speed,durability,and carrying capacity.
-Assault the Orion Corporation base with ten colonists,who are themselves bionic cyborgs,who are riding Meadow Aves.
-If the enemy has mortars,or similar long range weapons,blitz the base to either destroy the offending weapons platform(s),or uninstall them. Colonists are still riding their Meadow Aves.
-Peel off a couple of colonists to start performing mousehole entries on the local structures to ID loot. The larger group kites the defenders with their superior speed. If the defenders pursue the looters,they rejoin the main force,and I peel off some new looters.
-Identify key loot (Archotech prostheses,Glitterworld Medicine,Resurrector Mech Serum and similar,Nano/Pico/Attomachinery,etc.) and either gank it right there,or make note of it for when I reform the caravan and leave.

Limdood

one note - you can't uninstall things until you claim them.  You can't claim anything at an enemy base until it is considered "destroyed"

but honestly...if you were able to get pawns moving at 2.5x+ speed, you probably didn't really need the advice anyways, since you'll have no trouble killing any base....honestly, you could take 2 pawns and loot the whole thing probably.  The only potential problem is whether or not the loot inside respawns, or if the state of the base is saved and remembered for your next visit, which no one here has answered yet, so you'll have to find that out yourself.

B@R5uk

Actually, it's a fair wish to be able raid hostile factions. If they can raid us regulaly then why don't we able to raid them from time to time? Well, the game don't have implemented mechanics needed for renewable raiding, I think. There is no faction colonies run by computer bots like, you know, bots in Starcraft single player that fights you during missions. Faction base fight is just another outer encounter fight.