Random, funny (?) events from the Rim

Started by Pangaea, August 25, 2019, 04:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowpig

Ok, this one looks a bit weird:

After yesterdays disaster (see above) I started over with the same characters (thanks to PrepareCarefully).
This time I choose Savanna biome because less forest would cause less trouble with fires....

I built like three buildings around 7x7 in size and three fields, 7x7 as well. On one field I planted cotton, I wanted the characters to rely on foraged food in the beginning therefore i did not send them hunting. One of the fields i set to cotton to be able to craft some tribalwear soon.

The days passed and then - just a day before the cotton was ready for harvest: a blight
The blight came around 22h, just when the colonists went to bed - when they stood up at 6 in the morning, the whole crop was already lost.

"Ok, that can happen", I thought and let them plant everything over.
Again days passed, again just a day before the harvest - my pawns were caravanning to destroy an enemy base...: Toxic fallout

When they came back days later, the crop was lost ...again.

Still naked, my tribals planted another round of cotton.
Again just a day before the harvest - the base had already expanded with additional wooden buildings and a big wooden fence around to prevent the Thrumbos eating the crops -: Dry Thunderstorm!

This time Randy went full Zeus on me and the lightnings struck like 5 times inside the base and like three of them in the fields. My pawns were a bit away on the map, as soon as they arrived most of the base was already burning.

About 80% of the base burned down, Randy triggered several resource drop pods: medicine, peg legs and go-juice. I felt pranked...

Canute

Snowpig,
some questions to you ?
When the blight comes at 22h, why you don't wake up your pawn and force them to cut the blight plants ?
Why do you doing caravaning while you have so much to do at your home map ?

About burning bases,fields. I try to enclose these with stone wall's, they don't burn. This even give you some time to react when a raider want to breakthrough to ignite your field.
You can't affort it when raiders ignite/destroy your powersource at each attack, you will run out of componets/steel.
Maybe just plant at regular soil at your backyard, rather then at rich soil that is a bit away and get eaten/ignite.

LWM

Quote from: Snowpig on October 31, 2019, 05:23:52 AM
\After yesterdays disaster (see above) I started over with the same characters (thanks to PrepareCarefully).
This time I choose Savanna biome because less forest would cause less trouble with fires....
[typical rimworld disaster]

Heh.  Excellent story - both of them were! Thank you for sharing ^_^

This thread has improved my day each of the last few days; I kind of want to start over again and see what disasters befall.

Snowpig

Quote from: Canute on October 31, 2019, 10:11:10 AM
Snowpig,
some questions to you ?
When the blight comes at 22h, why you don't wake up your pawn and force them to cut the blight plants ?
Why do you doing caravaning while you have so much to do at your home map ?

About burning bases,fields. I try to enclose these with stone wall's, they don't burn. This even give you some time to react when a raider want to breakthrough to ignite your field.
You can't affort it when raiders ignite/destroy your powersource at each attack, you will run out of componets/steel.
Maybe just plant at regular soil at your backyard, rather then at rich soil that is a bit away and get eaten/ignite.

I do some roleplaying. For example I research only neolithic tech first. In addition i start mining stones only after researching stone cutting. Same for steel and smithing.

Therefore my tribals were in both cases pre-stone-age.

Pangaea

Such an irresponsible mother. Don't do this, kids.

Piratax10

The first and only.

My Mods:
Plazma Burst 2 Weapons Pack: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=48663.msg458089#msg458089

Pangaea

An affair? Goddamnit.

That's great. Your husband is unconscious in hospital after bravely fighting 19 angry scythers that dropped right on top of us and almost killed us all.

You were happily m.. Oh.

Oh well. I'm sure nothing wrong can happen from screwing the wife of your best friend.

Do I actually give them a double bed? I don't wanna!! :D Damn bastards.

Poor guy will have a bad day when he wakes up. Doubt he will laugh out loud  :-\

Pangaea

Pangaea

For some reason I found this hilarious.

"Welcome traders! Don't mind the guy on fire, or the corpses laying about."

(hushed voices) "I don't like them. We'll use their toilets and tables, it was a long trip, but can we please leave soon?"

Pangaea

Quote from: Pangaea on November 05, 2019, 07:14:53 AM
An affair? Goddamnit.

Do I actually give them a double bed? I don't wanna!! :D Damn bastards.

Success!!  8)

Never gave the cheater a bed with the lover. A long, long time later they split up, and the married couple is doing better now. Got some "loving" back, so sounds like the marriage has heated up again. The -80 from killing the brother decayed and is gone, so that helped.

perp

Colonists A and B are rivals. During a firefight against scythers, A accidentally hits B with friendly fire and kills him in one shot.

Cue "my rival died" buff. "Accidentally"... yeah... :D