Random, funny (?) events from the Rim

Started by Pangaea, August 25, 2019, 04:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirby23590

Looks like she has the cartoony 8 fingers from Zer0 now.

At least you can use your finger for pointing things at an alternative for "Flipping the bird" when someone get's your hand gesture's language. :P

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Pangaea

This one has led a tough life.

Rather fortunate that she is a masochist. And just got over her smokeleaf addiction. Still slow, but not 34% slow. That was painful to watch.

Dang! That's a lot of beauty  8)

Very lucky too. Inspiration ofc, but the artist only had skill 11, so must have got a fairly lucky excellent roll, and then bumped it up from there. Took our makeshift hospital-research-rec room from average looking scrote to unbelievably impressive  ;D

Pangaea

Dearly loved. A bright light has gone out. Always brought a smile to our faces. Will never be forgotten. Rest in peace.

Neh. We'll go a different route.

Shurp

So Camlaban finally got sick of being rejected?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Pangaea

Think his wife that tried to kill him before in the refugee chasing pack might have teamed up with the mechs. Nasty so-and-so :mad:

Damn. These big manhunter packs are always super dangerous when you are not protected by a metric ton of traps or a killbox.

22 manhunting pigs...

Only two people weren't downed, with Vole (imaged) in the most dire condition bleeding out hard (not 'downed' any more, but he was). One of the not-downed-ones are incapable of doctoring. The other has 0 skill.

If we live, we'll be dining on bacon for quite a while.

Stupid animals though. Both can rescue people. The panther picks up 14 dropped meat to freezer. The domesticated pig comes running -- and picks up a dead pig. How about the horde of downed and bleeding out people?  :( Wish they put that on the top of their to-do list basically instantly.

Shurp

This is why with the "Pawns are Capable!" mod.  It's ridiculous that one pawn will refuse to wrap up the injuries of another and stop him from bleeding to death.  With the mod they just get mood penalties which ensure that you're not training them to be competent medics... so if you do have to rely on them, they are going to suck at it.  Which is perfectly fair.

The only part of it that's OP is that pawns prohibited from "Violent" are too effective in combat.  Combats usually don't last long enough for the mood penalties to kick in significantly.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Pangaea

I've looked at that mod, but as strange as it sounds given the above problems (especially given that Mie sadly died of an infection -- simply too much crap happening at once with subsequent raids), I kinda like that some pawns have faults like this. And speaking from personal experience I'd probably be hopeless as a medic anyway, so might apply :D

That said, there are some traits I refuse into my colony if I have any say over it. Or the pawns will have to be MIGHTY good to compensate. Incapable of violence, chemical fascination/interst. Those are the big ones. Don't like pymaniac either, but we can at least work with that. Don't want depressive and suchlike either, but it depends on other skills whether I accept them or not.

Thought this was pretty amusing. Guess she had second thoughts. Within five hours  ;D ;D

LWM

I had that last scenario with the lovebirds in my last game, but it went down a little differently:

* Borne proposed marriage to Onesan.  Onesan rejected the proposal.
* Borne was really sad, but took some time to himself to think about things.
* Onesan took some time to think about things too.
* Onesan comes back to Borne a day later and is like "You know what, you were right.  Life is short, we should get married!"  Cue big expectant grin.
* Borne replies, "yeah, well, I was thinking, and I'm not sure we actually get along that well together.  I think we should split up."  Cue Onesan's grin crashing to grief.

Yep.  They ended up disliking each other; it was a big fiasco.  Oops.

--LWM
(the names have been changed to protect the fact that I don't remember them and don' t want to go look them up.)

Pangaea

Ouch. That sounds like a bummer. Maybe you don't remember, but did both of them get in a terrible mood? Usually only one of them get -20 or however much it is.

LWM

Each one had their proposal rejected, so they were both miserable.  Several days of moping and refusing to work from one, I think the other either managed to keep working or had a food binge?

Snowpig

Started with a tribe couple on Randy medium on a temperate map. The guy had the trait "tough", the girl "nimble". They started with virtually nothing.

After around one year of setting up a base, a rainy thunderstorm came and set the forest on fire. Inside the forest was the big room with the cryptosleep caskets. Everything spiraled downwards as the fire destroyed its  steel walls. Suddenly the wall collapses and a bunch of mechanoids (three cutter and one lancer) came out. In the same second the roof collapsed on one cryptosleep casket, releasing 6 ancient soldiers, which started a fight with the mechanoids. One mechanoid ran to the base and attacked my tribals.

The carnage had just started, then Randy threw in a single raider from another tribe. While everybody was fighting, this guy set up a fire on the fields, which were ripe for harvest. Somehow my tribals managed to overwhelm the mechanoid, while the remaining ancient soldiers barely defeated the others. They had several casualties and the remaining two dropped as well, because they were bleeding.

My tribals went on fighting that single enemy raider while the fire in the base went on rampage. Just as they downed that raider, Randy threw in a cold snap. After finally getting the fire under control, more than half of the base and the food store was burned down. The surviving plants were killed off by the cold. My tribals were badly injured and went to their sleeping spots for some healing.

Here I found a disadvantage of the trait tough: Both tribals were starving as no food sources were available (I did not dare to force them to consume the corpses, as their mood was already very low - I am playing with the Psychology mod) and the guy dropped dead from starvation just while moving to harvest a berry bush.

I barely managed to save the tribal girl and she needed almost a quadrum to clean up and repair the base. Then a prisoner rescue quest came in with an antigrain warhead as reward. I sent the girl on the rescue quest, the base was simple with one enemy which she downed without any problems. The guy she saved was as jealous psychopath  ::)

So both took all they could carry from the base and went back. Halfway back another thunderstorm and another forest fire which was threatening the base. As they arrived, the fire was like 4-5 cells away from the base quickly coming closer. Both ran to the base to extinguish fires. As soon as they arrived: BOOOM!, girl dead by 133 damage - the fire had triggered the antigrain warhead, the other faction had sent as reward for the quest....

...that made me sad yesterday.

Pangaea

That's a great write-up and I can see how that must have been very frustrating. Yet also funny in a sense, perhaps. And on a bright note, at least the jealous psycho won't be jealous of somebody else having a better bedroom -- since he's the only person left!

For some reason this caused me to burst out laughing. Maybe he was rubbing his temple at the time?

Pinky and the Brain:

Pangaea

Haha, oh man... here is another one I found on the harddisk.

The irony of life.

Snowpig

Wouldn't you talk about pointlessness of your life after being hit by an explosion, where you got half of your body torn apart?  ;)

Just imagining how the conversation might happened:

Alberts: "Hey Mav, I have been practicing roulette lately..."
Maverick: "Oh yeah? How often did you get the 0?"
Alberts: "I think jus..."
BOOOM!
Alberts: "Damn, Avila, thats like throwing a 1-1 on craps!. Ouch that hurts"
Avila: "Maybe you should refrain from gambling?"
Alberts: "Whats the point in life, if I cannot gambl..." *stab* "Ouch!"
Wolle: "Hey Alb, I should play poker with you. You are having a streak *giggle*"
Alberts: "Shut the..." *spring* *stab* "*gurgle*...."

;D

Pangaea

Haha! I too thought it was rude to suggest poker when the guy is messed up like that.

"Hey, how about a round or two of poker? You seem a little weak in the knees there. How about this: if you win we'll patch you up a bit?"
*groan*
"If I win, I get that overcoat of yours. That's a nice dus..
*boom* *tear* *thud*
"Oh ffs!!"
"Well, the boots are still nice."

The harshness of raider life  ;D