Used a mod organizer, but still getting red errors.

Started by Veron28, August 27, 2019, 09:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Veron28

Just used Bunny's mod organizer and still have some red errors showing up at launch.
Now I didn't expect it to be perfect since I do have around 100+ mods loaded mostly patches though.. I was just hoping it would sort everything so the list would be as compatible as possible.  I'm just not entirely sure if this is the case or not.
Here is the output log, and here is photos of the debug log.

Should I be ok as it is currently?  I know that the first section of "critical" errors can be ignored since the dev of the mod stated that it was benign, I am just not sure about the others.  If I were to find out how to trace the critical errors back to the right mod I might be able to do something on my own, but since I am fairly new to Rimworld modding scene  I am not sure how to go about that at this time.  Any help would be appreciated!

Hjkma

Try rearranging the following mods in this order.

QuoteCombat Extended
Cybernetic Organism and Neural Network
Cybernetic Warfare
Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering
Death Rattle
Death Rattle - Comatose
Life Support
Questionable Ethics Enhanced
Medical System Expansion

And the log shows that for some reason you have two Combat Extended mod loaded, check in Mod Manager if this is so.

Veron28

Sorry for the late reply,
Now that I have made the changes I have this.
Photos
I also checked my mod list and didn't see a second CE not sure why it showed up.  I did at one point have a second CE since I was using the steam edition of it before I switched to the Git version.  Also, sorry for not saying this sooner but thanks for responding!  :)

edit: img code didn't work :/

Canute

For the images, you need to do seperate links for each picture. You can't link with img to a picture container.

Mod's arn't perfect, and you can't extinguish any error with the load order. Some mod's just don't like to work with other mods.
That's why it is important just to activate mods at smaller batches and watch the log window for errors.
Once you activate all mods at once, it is nearly impossible to say which error is related to that mod, since the error msg. rarely give a hint about the mod.

Since you used the mod sorter, all mod's should be at the right order depend on the required mods.
But even the mod sorter isn't perfect and don't follow all rules a mod author made for his mod.
From Baby and children.
Quoteetc alien race mod (Optional)
children, school and learning (Optional)
Baby and Children (This Mod) (last -2)
Baby and Children alien race support (support mod) (last -1)
children, school and learning is pretty high at the mod list, and got race mod below it.
But i can't saw if it made any difference if you adjust it, you need to test it out.

Veron28

As for the img code, yeah that is what I did, maybe it didn't like the type of link I used.  Could have just simply messed it up though.
Honestly, I think I got a little too mod hungry, and all I really should do is go one by one down the line and see if I truly need every single one of those mods.  I used a template that a redditor was using and even they mentioned it was unstable (honestly I should have paid attention to the warning signs) and that was before I added a few of my own favorites.  I'll see if this helps any.