Steam Mod Folder Organization

Started by RicRider, August 29, 2019, 09:40:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RicRider

I have two copies of Rimworld - one on Steam and as a standalone. I use the Steam copy to get mods that don't exist on other platforms or to get mods that are updated on Steam and not on other platforms. When I download mods on Steam it is really irritating that the folders are numbered instead of named according to the mod title (so for example, 'Colony Manager' is '71556582'. I've gotten into the habit of manually renaming every folder one by one after I download it from Steam and before I copy it to my Rimworld mod folder in the second copy of the game.

What I'd like though is a more permanent solution. Has anyone figured out a way to download a mod from Steam without it being titled as a ridiculous arbitrary number? Does anyone know a way to download a Steam mod so that it is automatically titled according to the mod name? I'd like to skip the step where I manually rename the mods one by one. I'm looking for a way to just click the Steam 'subscribe' link and for the mod to go into my Steam mod folder named according to the mod title and not the random, arbitrary number of the mod.

Even if it's a script or something (I use a Mac) it would be much appreciated if someone has figured this out.
##Coding Scrub##

LWM

If you're running Linux, a little perl script to do that wouldn't be too hard, I should think?