"Unorthodox Tactics"

Started by antibodee, August 29, 2019, 03:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antibodee

One Time:

Was low on explosive shells, and I was attacked by a seige.

My response?  I drop podded about 1000 chemfuel all over their area and then used my last couple incendiary shells to set the whole damned area on fire. 

Another Many times: 

I'll keep a psychic or poison ship on standby for as long as possible, and then use doors to route the next attacking army to it... then clean up the mess.

This game is all about thinking outside the box.  I fucking love it.

Another game: 

A constant huuuuge breeding pool of cocaine addled dogs.  Just tons of dogs constantly being administered yayo, and put into cryosleep until the next fight comes.

Riddle78

I once read that somebody farmed Boomalopes,and he loaded them onto Cargo Pods,to launch at enemy positions abroad,especially ones with flammable structures.

Limdood

The dreaded chicken or turtle rush.

Manually rezone a ridiculously large amount of chickens or turtles (chickens for amazeballs fast breeding, turtles for hardiness) and move them all into the path of an incoming raid.  They absorb a huge amount of damage and fire and are very unlikely to form bonds.

Shurp

Can drop pods target the same map they're launched from?  If so, this sounds like an excellent solution to the "mortars are too inaccurate to be useful" problem.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Kirby23590

I don't know if this still works, but if you're getting Sieged by enemy mortars...

Just use the drop pod filled with Firefoam shells for the enemy Siegers... They might go and use the Firefoam instead of High-explosive and Incendiary helping you clear fires that they have for harmless fire-clearing firefoam that they made!

Though they might still fire the regular high-explosives and incendiary shells though if they are still close by... :P

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Pangaea

So drop pods actually work in the same map? Wasn't aware of that. Would be kinda cool (and slightly unethical) if we could do like they sometimes did in ancient times, and catapult rotting bodies at them. Make them flip out and get the plague.

But if drop pods can be sent on the same map, I suppose another evil trick would be to launch chemfuel at their base, and follow up with firebombs.

Happened to get a very unlucky experience with that myself. Dropped into a map to mine some resources, and there happened to be a lightning storm. It hit right in our midst, instantly, and suddenly everybody (and our goods) are on fire. Not a nice welcome!

Canute

QuoteSo drop pods actually work in the same map? Wasn't aware of that.
Why do you think they wouldn't work at that way ?
Does car's only can drive on streets ? :-)
It is just an expensive methode for a same map transport, but it is safe and fast.
But defenitiv a good option on larger maps.

Kirby23590

Well i do use Drop pods on my own base, just to sneak in snipers or a full on brawler squad with shields behind the enemies, or dumping boomrats on them... Duh! :P

Not Unorthodox though but sometimes i throw in a pacifist just with a fully-charged shield belt, and put him or her in front in the middle of the raid, if there are a lot of enemy shooters. To fool them to not attacking my guys shooting back instead of the one that has a shield standing there holding a sign saying "Shoot me in da head!" ;D

Just Watch out for brawlers or manhunters though.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.