[1.0] Colonist Bar missing

Started by KasiKasi, September 01, 2019, 02:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KasiKasi

Hi, there is bug that causes colonist bar go missing.

I don't know if it is save game related or not, how ever you can fix it by reloading any game with working colonist bar. It mostly happens when you reload save when you colonist is on caravan. And it is fixed when colonist comes back from caravaning.

When bug is ON if you start new colony, bar is missing then also. Also if you are not using any mods, bar is still missing.

I am using windows, 1440p resolution and I know about colonist bar button :)

Canute

Hi,
QuoteAlso if you are not using any mods, bar is still missing.
Does that mean, you previously used mods, the problem appear, you disabled all mods and the problems still happen ?
Then it sound's like a mod problem.
Except you can say it happen on a regular vanilla gameplay too.

Tynan

Are you sure the bar isn't turned off in the options menu?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

amul

Quote from: Tynan on October 19, 2019, 02:41:02 AM
Are you sure the bar isn't turned off in the options menu?

I absolutely cannot find this option anywhere, or anything in the keyboard configuration that suggests I may have accidentally turned it off. Help?

Canute

Sometimes i think Tynan play a different version us ! :-)

The switch isn't at the option menu.
It is one of the little icons at the down right side.

amul

BAM. There it is!

I keep confusing that button for hide/display zones.

IngoKnieto

Happened to me too and nothing helped (UI/resolution change, colonist bar button, mods disabling).

My problem was caused by a caravan coming home. The pawn appeared on the local map, but the caravan wasn't deleted. At this point the colonist bar disappeared. I made a second caravan, merged with the empty one and sent it back home, then the bar appaered again.

Canute

Ingo,
mosttimes the problem occur when error happen that prevent to draw something.
When you enable developer mode at the option, i bet the log window open and show you alot of red text (error).
Disabling mods after a problem happen rarely helps special since you can't disable all mods or you wouldn't play that safegame anymore.

Since you enabled developer tools to see the log window, you got some new button's at the caravans too.
Try to instant move the empty caravan to a settlement.
Or form a caravan with a few pawn's first, you can instant form them. Move and merge them with the empty caravan, then instant move to your settlement.

When the caravan got away, i think the colonist bar should reappear. But that is only a temp. fix and could happen again.
But you can't do anything against it, 1.0 mods rarely get supported and you need to take or disable them.

IngoKnieto

Sorry, I didn't mention this: this was all on version 1.1, I didn't realize the 1.0 in the subject.

Here is the debug log in case anyone wants to research this further:
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/98cf35a38fa33d7c642f263e3d84dc67

ison

Could you upload a savefile where this still happens with all mods disabled? Thanks.