'Competitive' Multiplayer Mod?

Started by Woloszyn, September 02, 2019, 06:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woloszyn

I'm aware that there's a multiplayer mod for Rimworld (ZARs?), but I haven't checked into it much. I know that it allows two people to work on the same colony, but i'm wondering if there's a feature/plan/any other mod that allows people to control individual, separate colonies on the same planet? I'd love to be able to host a sort of competitive game where me and my friends have to each build our own colonies/deal with our own events/AI raids, while also being able to raid or send goods to each-other. Think Stellaris or Civilizations or something like that.

Facepunch

I would love a mod like that as well, however I think it'd take some serious magic to make happen

Kirby23590

As a fan of watching player vs player or colony vs colony in this case... And RTS tournaments...

Right now, the multiplayer mods in rimworld we have are mostly player and players vs environment and raiders and randy random in a single shared colony... In those multiplayer mods we mostly work together to fight the events that randy and the storytellers throw at us.

It would a lot of time to make a Competitive multiplayer mod come to life... For something like Colony vs Tribals or Outlanders vs Pirates colonies controlled by players to destroy each other or make alliances with one and the other fending off manhunters and mechanoids. That's not that easy to make...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Piratax10

let's hope a day a competitive mod gets released... (the chances aren't that small tho)
The first and only.

My Mods:
Plazma Burst 2 Weapons Pack: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=48663.msg458089#msg458089

Facepunch

Quote from: Kirby23590 on September 21, 2019, 05:52:56 AM
As a fan of watching player vs player or colony vs colony in this case... And RTS tournaments...

Right now, the multiplayer mods in rimworld we have are mostly player and players vs environment and raiders and randy random in a single shared colony... In those multiplayer mods we mostly work together to fight the events that randy and the storytellers throw at us.

It would a lot of time to make a Competitive multiplayer mod come to life... For something like Colony vs Tribals or Outlanders vs Pirates colonies controlled by players to destroy each other or make alliances with one and the other fending off manhunters and mechanoids. That's not that easy to make...

Just need to run 2 colonies on the same world, and restrict access to one of them for each player.