Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

• December 07, 2019, 05:06:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [1.0] Social fighting with trauma savant character  (Read 360 times)

Pangaea

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
[1.0] Social fighting with trauma savant character
« on: September 03, 2019, 02:41:00 PM »

A social fight broke out, and I checked the log. One calls the other a chinchilla, and they flip out.

The thing is, however, that Rabbit, the one receiving the insult, is "trauma savant" after a bullet to the brain, and can't speak nor hear. Yet he flipped out here after being called a chinchilla and began fighting. I would think that shouldn't be possible since the poor chap can't hear anything.

In this case I wouldn't expect a social fight to break out, at least not like that.

Pangaea

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
Re: [1.0] Social fighting with trauma savant character
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 04:54:04 PM »

Another one, with actually the same two people involved. Rabbit hears what he shouldn't be able to hear, and they go at each other.

Tynan

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Transcendent
    • View Profile
    • Tynan's Blog
Re: [1.0] Social fighting with trauma savant character
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 02:52:54 AM »

Maybe they signed it?

I mean from one POV you could say that a pawn who can't hear should be excluded from ALL social interactions. If we followed the logic that's where this goes, to be consistent. I don't think I want to do that; I'll just say it implies they're communicating in other ways (and there are lots of ways to communicate with the deaf).

Thanks for reporting but I don't think I want to change this.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog