my 3 ideas for storytellers

Started by W1Z25, November 03, 2013, 01:03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W1Z25

i was walking my dog and day dreaming about Rimworld when i had a couple ideas

1. Random colonists

in this one you get totally random colonists.. but when i say random i literally mean random.. as in you could get anywhere from 1-20 colonists to start with and all of there trait are random aswell. some of them could turn out godly.. some just downright morons who cant do anything. and the game would scale the difficulty in according to how many colonists you have.

2. random settlement

in this one you start with your 3 settlers that you pick. but on the planet there is a random settlement varying from nothing to a nice fortress. whatever you get will not start with any source of power or weapons and they will be battle-damaged.. so you must repair and sort out defenses and energy while moving in. and of course the game difficulty will scale in order of what sort of settlement you get.

3. random colonists and settlement

this is just pure insanity!!! you start with 1-20 random colonists and a random type of settlement.. and the game will scale to whichever is the best. maybe you will get lucky and get a fortress with 20 decent colonists.. or maybe you have no luck and get 1 noble who cant build anything.

what are your thoughts??

Xanting

These sound less like storytellers and more like starting conditions. A storyteller in this case controls the events that happen after you crash not what you start with.

Semmy

Well you already start really random.

The goons are just randomly generated and you can slightly push random over and over to get a different stat goon.
You can really influence it.

And the idea of the game atm is to start with just enough guys to survive.
Starting with 20 guys is already way way to much.

Basicly since if i understood it right 20 guys is endgame size colony for when you build your ship and leave.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke