[1.1](WIP) Call of Cthulhu - Cults: expanded

Started by Arvkus, July 15, 2020, 01:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arvkus

Hello there,
Cults: expanded

Probably most of the players are familiar with Jecrell's horror mods. They add quite unique new features to the game and can drastically change playstyle, but currently Jecrell mods are barely maintained and sadly some of them have bugs and have balance issues.

Call of Cthulhu - Cults is my the most favored mod, so the idea is to build up some features from scratch and expand them, fix bugs, add new items, events, mechanics...

Curently planned features:

• * Additional pawn psionic abilities
  • * World events: group ritual, deliver sacrifice to certain location...
  • * New rewards from congregations
  • * Relics as optional substitute to human sacrifice
  • * Possibly new Deity and monsters

If you have any ideas, feel free to post them here.

Arvkus

Currently I've finished most of the UI and core worshiping mechanics, which is new scheduled work type. If 3 or more colonists worship at the same time they have a chance to trigger sermon event, it gives bonus favor.

Favor right now slowly goes down and it's important to maintain it. In case of busy times it's possible to go beyond 100% limit to "save it up" and keep all favor benefits for prolonged time without worshiping.
Some pictures of altar UI:

Canute

Hi,
nice that you want continue that series.
But do you know that mod basicly got updated to 1.1 ?
https://github.com/Rim-Of-Madness-Team/Call-of-Cthulhu---Cults
And i hope that you spoke with jecrell about that you want to continue the mod/series ?

Arvkus

I am working on this as an expansion to original Cults mod, so probably this will be a sub-mod, which is going to modify (patch) existing features and expand them. I guess the idea is the same as Blood Cult mod, but that project was abandoned.

It's not like Jecrell has a copyright to Cthulhu Mythos to give me permision to work on this mod, if he's happy to comply, this can also become fully dedicated mod.

I just want to make Cults even better.

Canute

I didn't saw that jecrell or the team give up the ownership of the project, so ofcouse there is a licence/copyright and you shouldn't use any of the original code.
Ofcouse you can made an expansion with the requirement of the original mod and patch/enhance it.
So before it comes to more complications, i suggest that you visit them at their discord and ask about it. Since they are allready a team about these project i don't think they will block anything.

Rocket_Raccoon

Sounds great!
Ironing out the age old bugs from jecrells mods( cults, vampires, werewolfes etc) and adding new content( pagan gods fe who could change weather/harvest for sacrifices) would be splendid.