[1.0] (WIP) Tenants (2019-11-10)

Started by LimeTreeSnake, September 05, 2019, 04:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruisuki

Quote from: Hjkma on September 12, 2019, 02:45:40 PM
Quote from: Ruisuki on September 11, 2019, 02:11:06 AM
Ah thats tough to hear. Do you happen to know of any mods that allow me to minimize or expand the tabs that appear at the bottom maybe? I really like the sound of this mod but im afraid any future tabs are unlikely to appear for me
You can install RIMMSqol and use the mod settings to disable tabs that you do not need.
RIMMSqol nice, tyvm hopefully this is exactly what I need and can just alternate the tabs when I need to edit as needed.

OP i also wanted to ask on average how big do you envision the tenant housing being?  Usually guests from hospitality brings 4 visitors after the first year so how many tenants do you envision arriving and cohabiting with your colonists at once?

I know the mining spaceship mod adds an incident where hailing a ship to land in the dock and provide its services it sometimes has a chance of being a hijacked vessel and it ends up being a raid. You mentioning sabotage events as a future possibility for tenants reminded me of that. Thats why I build my shipyard outside of my home colony. Should I also build the lodgings inside my mountain base like I do with hospitality or maybe build a whole tenement outside of it like Miningco?

LimeTreeSnake

Well I am hoping that people can host as many tenants as they want and it's now possible to send out invitations. My vision is not the only way to play this but this is the way I use it. I tend to build an inn and let tenants have their own rooms in it. I'd have between 2-6 rooms for tenants depending on the house and current colony size. I rarely play mountain bases as I tend to make smaller villages with blacksmiths etc etc. I would love to have it like an adventurers guild or something where people could interact and whatnot. But as of now, I am happy with what I've achieved so far and it'll only grow with time.
I have many future mod ideas for more implementations reusing my code for many more purposes. The tenants mod is just the start.

Ruisuki

If you can post pictures of your inns when you get the chance, I'm sure we'd all love to see them. I wish you all the success in your future endeavors OP. It sounds very promising.

LimeTreeSnake

Heyo! I've added an IG image of my simple inn on steam. :)

LimeTreeSnake

Another update today. Unfortunately, this update makes a big change in how tenancy is calculated. That means, all current tenants in your game are now colonists. Apologies but it was a necessary evil to solve a lot of future issues.

2019-09-15
-Inspired tenants? No thank you
-In tenants tab, allow/disallow work (Removed settings options in mod settings due to this change.)
-Retribution raid spawns too many??? Did a try catch and will spawn regular raid should something fail instead amongst other oversights.
-Low/min max payment from 0
-Tenant leaving when joining due to being saved and contract conclusion bug
-Inverted raid chance for invitation, whops
-Surgery suggestions angers tenants

LimeTreeSnake

2019-09-21
-Lowered Raid strategy points for redemption raid.
-Reverted code for silver spawning to debug spawning again. Stacking mods are still an issue for generation.
-Checks for tenant retribution now make sure tenants are contracted.
-Faulty check for inspirations made correctly.
-Remade check for tenant table so that broken tenants are listed as well.
-Lowered opportunist chance of spawning from 33% to 20%.
-Remade tenant generation code to include hidden faction belonging.
-Added new event Moles. Prevent them indefinitely by keeping tenants happy.

Canute

I got an idea (or two).
- Supermarket station/workbench.
Like a big RimFridge freezer, you can put food,drugs and other things in to exclusive be sold to tenants.
A pawn need to be work on the station as vendor. Maybe some research projects for bigger station,better prizes and an automated station.

- Tenant Store
Your tenant's offer to sell some of their item's they collected at their travel to you.
Since you got alot of silver from your tenant's you need a way to spend them too.
For each tenant you got, the store offer you 1 item.
Each x day's the collection get changed. The value of the item's depend how satisfied your tenant's are.

Ruisuki

i like the store bench idea. i wont have to add a vanilla tray to act as a front desk for my shopping rooms anymore :p

Kori

I love your mod and just wanted to say thank you! :)

Tocato

Question about your steam preview: why did you add a fridge and freezer? Couldn't the tenants just use your bases supplies or do they need a separate kitchen for themselves? Assuming this isn't your colonists home and a separate Lodge for tenants

LimeTreeSnake

Quote from: Kori on September 25, 2019, 03:46:46 PM
I love your mod and just wanted to say thank you! :)
Thanks for the lovely words!

Quote from: Tocato on September 25, 2019, 09:28:58 PM
Question about your steam preview: why did you add a fridge and freezer? Couldn't the tenants just use your bases supplies or do they need a separate kitchen for themselves? Assuming this isn't your colonists home and a separate Lodge for tenants

The tenants eat as per normal colonists! So x') The images are just examples.

conkikhon

So tenant take my good clothes that worth more than their payment, so I have to exploit to make profit. i set tenant policy to make them addicted to strong drugs, when they overdose, they stay in the hospital and I can strip them and harvest their organs. Tenant service is more profitable this way  ;D

Tocato

Quote from: conkikhon on September 29, 2019, 10:29:15 PM
So tenant take my good clothes that worth more than their payment, so I have to exploit to make profit. i set tenant policy to make them addicted to strong drugs, when they overdose, they stay in the hospital and I can strip them and harvest their organs. Tenant service is more profitable this way  ;D
restrict their area zones? that way they dont take your stuff, and only let them use your dining room at best. Unless you wanna build a self sustaining lodge for them with their own kitchen. Otherwise yeah just give them fridges and provide their meals but dont let them past your home

conkikhon

Tenant was okay, until they dabbing away with my fuckin MASTERWORK ROYAL BED! And pirates from mole event kidnapped my pawns and killed my chickens! Those puny little piece of silver tenants pay never enough to cover my losses. :'(

Ruisuki

OP mentioned events are to be added. so maybe the more they like you the better events present themselves to you later on as opportunities. its still WIP so itll only improve with your feedback