[1.0] (WIP) Tenants (2019-11-10)

Started by LimeTreeSnake, September 05, 2019, 04:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LimeTreeSnake

2019-10-07
-Removed tenant drop-pod events.
-Mod settings option to disable/enable random tenancy request.
-Comms setting to accept/reject random tenancy request. Affects the same boolean value as the one in mod settings.
-Upped base chance for random tenancy request.
-New type of tenant, wanted tenants seeking shelter from their enemies.
-Reworked tenancy generation code to accomodate changes to tenancy.
-Reworked Mole event to be 'slightly' more rare (About 70%).
-Hostile raider tenants should no longer spawn retribution events. (Needs confirmation)
-Tenants always belong to a hidden faction thus relations are affected should you mistreat them.
     Only hostile factions can raid
     Neutral/Allied factions take a relations penalty.
-Tenants joining raids should no longer be considered tenants.
-Added a try/catch to GetGizmos_PostFix to display error message due to vehicles mod. (Might help somewhat in discerning wtf is going on.)

LimeTreeSnake

2019-10-16
-Added race restrictions for tenancy in mod settings.
-Removed medical restriction for tenants.
-New tenant restriction for medical, if it has the isViolation tag set to true then angry tenant.
   Example of vanilla violation is Euthanize.
   Thus if you find any mods that add an operation that should be considered a violation but works on tenants...
   Pester the modder to set it properly.
-Altered generation code to fit the new race restriction options.
-Altered the message for fugitive tenants to avoid mixing them with regular tenants.
-Added a check for wanted tenants to make sure their enemies can raid.

Tocato

Do you happen to have the previous version available? I deleted it to update to this latest release and now am getting an error loading map message at game start. Didn't happen last time I updated tenants but maybe I did something wrong

LimeTreeSnake

I actually har that happen to me as well. I restarted the client and it suddenly worked. I can access all previous versions and could send you a copy. Jump into my discord channel and I'll send a dll over should the issue persist. Seems a lot of people have had issues this time to which I have no idea why. I presume it has to do with mod settings as I did quite a lot of changes to it.

Ruisuki

Same. I managed to load an earlier save but lost 30 mins of game time. No idea why it didnt affect that one particular save but there you go

Ruisuki

Update: It seems my issue is with miningco. spaceship. As i removed tenants from my game and tested constructing its orbital relay dish. Saving and loading post construction always yields the message 'error loading map' no matter which save is attempted. So who knows if its related but just thought id add that in.

LimeTreeSnake

Thanks for checking out things, I've received multiple reports so there must be something faulty with this update although I have literary no idea what it is. Reason is that it works splendidly for me with mods and without hence my confusion.
What I presume the error is related to is the mod settings as I've done some changes to it due to the new update. So if people could try to remove the Tenant mod settings from the %appdata% folder AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\Config and test things out then report to me, that'd be great!

Kori

LimeTreeSnake, did you change anything about the requirements you need to broadcast an invitation?
In my last colony everthing was working fine, but now in the new one I'm already playing for 1.5 years and haven't got a tenancy request so far. I decided to build a comms console to invite someone, only to find out that the broadcast is not available.
When I load the savegame of my previous colony it's there though.  :-\

I tried to open the mod menu and had this bug where you only see an error due to an update, so I manually deleted the old config file and now the mod menu is back, but I still can't invite tenants to my colony. Maybe something is broken because I started the game with a broken mod config?
Can I somehow reset the quest for this mod or should I remove it, make a save without it and add it back to my game?

LimeTreeSnake

@Kori, that is a really difficult question as you've done pretty much everything right. :O Tried re-downloading and replace the files from git?
I have not done save editing for tenants as I've not had any issue yet but you could try to see if you can find a check for a variable called 'broadcast' where it possibly is set to be true. False means no broadcast is sent thus you should be able to resend it that way by making it false and trying again in game.
If you can go into the dev mode, you check -> Do incident, then find the request for tenancy option and that way forcefully spawn that event. if that does not work, then it's something wrong with the files is my belief.

There has otherwise been no changes yet to broadcasting. However, drop into my discord when you find the time and I will try to find a solution together with you if you need it.  ^^

Kori

Editing the save worked! There were two 'broadcast' variables, I set them both to false and now I have tenancy invitation and reject tenants available! Thank you very much for your help, now I finally have a use for this cozy guesthouse I've built! :)

Kori

I've found something else: I harbor a fugitive now and get the relations-penality with the other faction every day. These changes seem to be asynchronous however and only get applied to my relation to them, not their relation to me.
When I check the relations tab and select my colony, the value went down correctly. When I select their settlement, their releation to my colony is still the same as before.
On my side it is 40 now, on theirs still 50.

LimeTreeSnake

Shit, must fix that asap thanks for alerting me!

LimeTreeSnake

2019-11-10
- Broadcast is not initially set to true.
- Mod settings updated.
- Wanted pawns are no longer wanted by your faction.
- Courier system where money is delivered through couriers instead of spawning randomly.
- A mailbox to recieve tenancy payments.
- Lowered chance for bounty hunters.
- Asynchronous relations should be fixed.

Chicken Plucker

Thanks for working hard on this Lime, I wonder what all these updates are that I've missed since I've been gone

Kori