Door Build Bug

Started by FruitPuncher, September 12, 2019, 11:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FruitPuncher

I had received the event where someone wanders into your colony but does not join, giving you the option to imprison, kill, enslave, etc. I figured I would quickly build a small hut to house a prisoner, but when I went to build the door, it would not snap to the wall. I could not mark the beds as prisoner beds because it did not recognize a room. The door was rotated in the wrong direction, and it wouldn't fix itself.

https://gist.github.com/d05eadd7851a46f859d9c3f40eb29f7d
^This is the log file, unfortunately, the save file is too large even when compressed.

I had repeatedly tried building other doors but to no avail. This happened suddenly, and I had been using all but a few mods for some time now. I will mention that there has been an apparel issue with the hidden danger showing up in my debug log, but that's always been there. I would appreciate some clarification on the issue, perhaps my newer mods did it, but it wouldn't be likely.

Canute

Hi,
you should have a file attach option, that is normaly big enough for logfiles.
Or did you try to paste the whole logfile text into the msg. ? (bad idea).
But the github logfile is the better idea anyway, it show more informations.

The repeating Exception  error is prolly from [XND] Visible Pants.
But i don't think it is gamebreaking at any kind.

Do you use workshop or install the mod's manual ?
I think you did it manual, then i think you got some old versions.
at last
QuoteJecsTools: 0Harmony(1.0.9.1), 0JecsTools(1.0.8.0)[/b], AbilityUser(1.18.0.0)
indicate that that is an older version.
at https://github.com/jecrell/JecsTools/releases
i found 1.1.0.15.
Maybe you should try to update all mod's if possible.
Maybe that allready fix the problem.

FruitPuncher

I use Steam workshop for all my mods but thank you for letting me know that one of them was out of date. I usually rely on the auto-update, but I'll force the update and see if that will fix it. Considering its Jecs Tools it probably will.

Canute

When you use the steam workshop it should be uptodate.
So i think jecrell (the modauthor) maybe just update these numbers anymore (lazy modder).

But i don't think the pant's error msg. would cause the problem, but you can just deactivate the visible pant's mod.
Beside that i have no idea, maybe someone else.