Mummies

Started by Modraneth, September 04, 2019, 04:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modraneth

i was thinking for people that like to play low tech worlds without high tech technology and even for the people with high tech
its possible to implement mummies to the game? in secret chambers we could dig and find some sarcophagus with treasures and mummies to protect the treasures
its like mechanoids ruins but with mummies
i think the loot could vary between items with high beauty value, to wealth. those places should be well guarded and the mummies should be leveled with the quantity and quality of the loot, so high quantity with high cost should have more mummies and stronger ones

give it some thoughts
its possible to make this?
its hard?

Scorpinax

Definitely possible. Rimworld Vampire mod adds something just like this, except instead of mummies its the crypt of a powerful vampire.

Modraneth

i have played with that mod but the crypt never show up to me  :(
so how do i need to talk that have the time to make this?
i cant do it, i never modded rimworld and i cant possibly achieve this idea

Canute

You should visit the discord channel of the Rim of Madness team, link's you can find at their mod descriptions.
The crypt appear as random world map encounter, like bandit outposts, but never got a vampire spawn there.

Limdood

yeah, that's definitely mod territory.

At first I thought you were requesting actual mummies....dead bodies of important people dried out and preserved in a chamber with wealth all around...and when you enter...it stays dead.  Maybe some traps around, if you want to loot the tomb.

But fantasy undead-monster mummies don't fit into the vanilla rimworld lore...definitely seem like they'd fit into mods though.

Modraneth

Quote from: Limdood on September 05, 2019, 08:37:56 AM
yeah, that's definitely mod territory.

At first I thought you were requesting actual mummies....dead bodies of important people dried out and preserved in a chamber with wealth all around...and when you enter...it stays dead.  Maybe some traps around, if you want to loot the tomb.

But fantasy undead-monster mummies don't fit into the vanilla rimworld lore...definitely seem like they'd fit into mods though.

ur idea sounds cool too
and way less hard xD mas cool in is own way. so it would be cool to have it too