Question about steam version licence

Started by mayihaveaquestion, September 10, 2019, 04:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayihaveaquestion

Hey there, after reading about DRM-free version and Steam-version, i googled it and Steam version is DRM free too.
Drm free means i might make a copy steamapps Rimworld folder whatever i want and it will run itself with no steam running in background ( it will run even steam not present)

I carefully read EULA (https://store.steampowered.com/eula/294100_eula_1?eulaLang=english) and it only states that: " In purchasing RimWorld, you purchase a perpetual license to install and use RimWorld"..."on up to five devices you own", but tells nothing about Steam must be running/ installed or not.

Here is a question: Is it legal to buy and download Rimworld from Steam and then copy game's folder to play on laptop with no steam installed?
I know i can do it. But important to know is that allowed or not allowed for steam version?

Grubfist

Not sure on the specifics, but similar issues popped up with the pre-Steam version and generally it came down to "as long as it's you using it for you and not a friend or anything, it's fine."

mayihaveaquestion

Thanks for answer. I agreed, because Rimworld Eula allows up to 5 devices i own. But not enough clear for me: Are there any additional restrictions from Steam applied or not? Because i bought and downloaded Game through Steam though?

BlackSmokeDMax

Sounds to me like you are following the intent of the license, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Daimonin

Even if the EULA didn't say you can play it on 5 devices you own, and was meant to be played only on devices it is installed on through steam... it's not like SWAT is going to kick down your door and shoot your mum if you do it anyways... As long as it's you using the game (rather then say, posting it online somewhere), I doubt anybody gives a f***k what you do with it.

Nobodies going to come and arrest you for playing it on 6 devices either...

mayihaveaquestion

Aahhaaha. Do you really think they wont ? :D
i want to be 100 % sure i wont violate any ( additional ? ) licences while using legal purchased game in a case above. It's not for SWAT though, it is for me  :)

Kirby23590

This the SWAT police! On your knees now!!!

Jokes aside.

As long as you play it in your devices that you own. You will be fine and won't see any SWAT banging on your door and breaking down your windows... So no worries if your okay and that you're following the license of course... ;)

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.