[REQUEST] ''Supermarket'' mod

Started by Alkhair, September 11, 2019, 09:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alkhair

Hi, I just had an idea of a mod that adds two objects: a supermarket shelf (where NPCs can buy any item stored in them) and cashiers (where NPCs will take the objects they are carrying to pay for them. Should be operated by one colonist.)

I never had any experience with modding, but I tried to make the idea work. I managed to make a shelf, but had no idea how to make objects stored in it purchasable for NPCs. That's why i'm just leaving the idea here, for someone more experienced. It would make possible for any visitors or caravans to just go to the location of the "supermarket" (wich would be just a room with a bunch of supermarket shelves and a cashier) and take their objects of interest, while dropping their silver at the cashier.

If any modding prodigy would like to go further, you could add some events, like waves of customers that would visit the colony only to buy things, or thieves, that would visit the supermarket, take some objects then try to run away with them. Anything can be possible, really.

Bunkier