Game too dark, any way to adjust brightness, gamma, etc?

Started by Vakari, September 14, 2019, 10:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vakari

Hello

I have my monitor adjusted to full brightness and contrast, but when night falls or it rains, I can barely see anything on the game screen.  I get that its supposed to be dark, but when I'm literally squinting trying to play, I think physical need outweighs immersion experience.  Is there any way to lighten the game?  Thank you!

Pangaea

This sounds a little strange since the default game isn't very dark during the night. I too have problems with the rain. Not that it's hard to see, but that I can get a headache from the constant "noise" on the screen everywhere. It's unpleasant.

About your situation, though, unless there is something wrong with the monitor, do you have the mod that turns nights into pitch-dark night? That's all I can think about off the top of my head.

Vakari

Thanks for the reply.  I do not have the lighting mod, because I definitely don't want to make my game darker. :)

I don't know if the brightness is the issue, or if the color saturation is.  I just know when the daylight starts to wane, in full dark, and in rain, I am squinting at details and it gives me a headache.  Was hoping there was a way to adjust things, in-game, via mod, or even an outside software.

LWM

If you're playing on a laptop, making sure adaptive screen  brightness (or whatever) is turned off might help?  So you can make sure the screen is as bright as possible...

EDIT: omgs, Canute had exactly what you need.

Vakari

@Camute:  Brilliant!!  This is just what I needed.  I'm running it now and it definitely helps!  Thank you for the suggestion!

Also:  LWM:  Thank you for your interest and help.  Very much appreciated, too! :)