Mod that stops automatic defeat

Started by Ruisuki, September 16, 2019, 10:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruisuki

Is there a mod that stops the death of all pawns when everyone is downed mid travel? With the Advent of multiple colonies and the caravan system it doesn't make sense to me to have a downed colonist equal an automatic death. If they got half a day before bleeding out or if they just collapsed due to conscious loss not necessarily death. My people could be nearby or better yet fly in via drop pod. Anyone know if it's possible to stop this

Kirby23590

Try Custom Death Randomness either in Steam or this Non-steam version at ludeon

I don't know, But maybe this will affect pawns in caravans dying when they are downed by customizing the chances of that happening...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Canute

I don't think that mod work's on this.
That's a caravan thing, when there is no active pawn's anymore any predator can eat from anything at the caravan even even from unconscious pawns.
So it is lost.

Kirby23590

Oh you mean destroyed and when all the people in the caravan are dead or downed... Whoops.

That's actually unfixable, since that means they are predator food or some random Ooga boogas or Pirates kidnap them all while they are lying in pain or while they are unconscious or loot their corpses...

My bad... Didn't read all of that, missed all pawns and thought it said one of my pawns died... lol

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

LWM

A modder could probably make it work - keep an encounter window open for a few hours or whatever.  Or if no encounter, hijack the caravan destroyed and instead add some hediff "dying in wilderness" - maybe with some chance of scarring if they do survive.

Then of course, maybe the rescue party cannot find the caravan:  "The rescue party finds only the remains of a fight; no one remains."  "The rescue party seems to have gotten the position of the caravan wrong.  By the time they find it, everyone is dead :( "  Or maybe some of the animals have wandered off.  So many options!

Tocato

Quote from: LWM on September 19, 2019, 12:56:48 AM
A modder could probably make it work - keep an encounter window open for a few hours or whatever.  Or if no encounter, hijack the caravan destroyed and instead add some hediff "dying in wilderness" - maybe with some chance of scarring if they do survive.

Then of course, maybe the rescue party cannot find the caravan:  "The rescue party finds only the remains of a fight; no one remains."  "The rescue party seems to have gotten the position of the caravan wrong.  By the time they find it, everyone is dead :( "  Or maybe some of the animals have wandered off.  So many options!
yeah it could probably work as a quest, or incident marker. Like if everybody goes down it triggers a quest pop up saying your colonists saw a flare go up, and you can head into the direction of the last known location before everybody went down. I actually wouldnt mind a rescue quest or a prisoner exchange, ransom type of event in this case. It would be preferable over automatic predator food. The worst is when everybody goes down due to drugs or something dumb.

This would seem like it would fit nicely with the go explore mod honestly