Pirate King?

Started by SleepyFox, September 24, 2019, 11:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyFox

I know a good portion of us backed at the Pirate King tier, but running a forum search brings back old threads and nothing presently relevant. The game has definitely expanded in scope from what I had ever imagined it (A whole planet, whoa! Caravans? whoa!). But what of the Pirate King stuff? Maybe I haven't played enough of the game but I'd love to hear from a source (or Tynan) about the state of it, and maybe how much of a doof I am for asking this question when there's likely an answer somewhere.  :)
Streaming Games 24/7 @ InsomniacGamers.net

Kirby23590

Imma just copy and paste this one from Rimworld's Kickstarter.

Pirate King - Like Mercenary tier, but your character will be a pirate leader who commands a group of raiders.
In "negotiations", your character will be the pirate representative. Includes all lower tiers.

And from reading the tiers from KS. The Pirate and the Mercenary tiers let you add and create a pawn that will be in the game, and the Mercenary which is higher than the Pirate but lower than the Pirate King which lets you create your character with it's own backstory and choosing what traits and stats it will have.

And from my knowledge on my many hours i played in Rimworld. I may have encountered some Pirate Bosses ( The leaders of the Pirate Faction ) that may have raided me with some familiar names and backstories that i may have encountered each time i played and how many times i killed those leaders and getting a different one that may be new or very familiar from each new play through. That's the info i got from by playing the game and taking a quickie look on the Kickstarter page of Rimworld.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

SleepyFox

So they're in there after all? I contributed one. Vicky or Victoria. Tell me if you've seen her (Pariah adult background). I just thought there was going to be a little more to it. Like said negotiations. Or getting a good chance at them joining your colony if you beat them soundly in a certain way.

Kirby23590

I don't know if i encountered someone Vicky or Victoria as an Leader of the pirates though,
though i did of course negotiated them sometimes in curtain stuff from ransoming my pawns or just getting insulted by them by speaking in the comms console in-game...

But i mostly negotiated them with the prisoner ransom mod for silver either getting a ton of silver or getting a raid from them or getting a message if they built a new pirate outpost or otherwise they turn it into a full base with more factions interactions mod.

I have some fuzzy memories if i encountered someone named Vicky or someone very familiarly named either as some friendly outlander visiting me or as a raider though, some of the pirate leaders do have crazy backstories and some random raiders.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Limdood

There are no special behaviors associated with pirate leaders.  They act exactly like every other pawn.

What they DO get, is a much smaller pool of names.  Pirate leaders, I'm fairly sure, are drawn from the pirate king name pool.  This means your name is slightly more likely to show up than others, and as a faction leader is shown on the faction screen, more likely to get noticed.  Basically, your perk is the added exposure of the name, and the existence of a specific backstory locked to that specific name.

SleepyFox

DO let me know if you see someone named Vicky or Victoria with the 'Pariah' adult background. (I forgot her childhood one sadly)
I'd love to hear tales.