[1.0][WIP] Alertless

Started by krafs, February 16, 2020, 09:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krafs

Alertless *beta

This mod is for disallowing alerts.
Alerts are the reminders on the right side of the screen, e.g. Hunter lacks ranged weapon, Unhappy nudity and Need food hopper. Not to be confused with Letters.

How to use
Add the mod anywhere in your load order.
Once playing - click the tab button called Alertless. It opens up a list of all available alerts where you can toggle them on or off.
The list can be filtered using the input box, and sorted using the yellow arrows.

There are no known mod incompatibilities at this time.

Disallowing alerts is originally a feature in Toggles, but due to poor implementation that mod suffers from performance issues.
Alertless is a rewrite of that one specific feature, but with a strong focus on simplicity and performance.

Beta

Alertless is still in beta, and features might be added, changed or removed at any time. However, the mod should be safe to add and remove from an existing save. At worst there might be error messages and lost mod settings. Still, do backup your save. I am not responsible for anything going wrong with using this mod.

I am also working on turning some of Toggles' other features into their own mods, such as blocking letters and incidents. They will not be part of one and the same mod, but kept separate to keep them modular.

Feel free to give me feedback! I might eventually accept pull requests, but currently you're better off posting a comment below.

Download

The mod is currently only available for download on Github. It will likely become available on Steam when it's out of beta.