Construction frames never get finished

Started by makute, September 26, 2019, 12:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

makute

Hello everyone,

I resumed an old game after a long hiatus and found that my constructors never finish their frames. Materials are hauled and spent but the frame stays at "Work Left 0" forever.

After a search for similar bugs I find several reports from a few months ago blaiming mods like "Minify everything" or "Pick Up and Haul". Already tried toggling them off to no avail. Also, all my frames have an extra square on top, which may be a related issue or not: https://imgur.com/a/ZuPmNFd

Log file: https://gist.github.com/5f4fd068e6374b3d2c47042dbb3a7664

I'll appreciate any help.

Canute

Maybe it is just a glitch with these current frames.
Does it happen to newly placed ones of the same type too ?
And only with the frames from a specify mod or happen to other buildings too ?

makute

That was my first thought, but the glitch persists even if the frame is deleted and rebuild, and after the construction and hauling related mods are toggle off and/or lowered in the load order, as someone suggested in another thread.

It happens to almost every building, modded or not: I. E. fireplaces, vanilla wooden walls, fences from "Fences and Floors", etc. Chemfuel generators are unafected though.

BTW, I just realized that some bills are glitched too. My crafter is unable to make Steel Arrows. Wood and steel are spent but the item dissapears upon completition.

Interestingly, I've found reports describing this bug that date back to A12, but never with a clear solution, just the usual "make a clean install" or "deleted every mod". Was avoiding to run a more throughful 50/50 mod test, due to the long loading times, but I'll just spend an afternoon chasing this damn glitch once and for all.

Canute

Ok, a quick look at the logfile show me, that you use some very old mods.
[RF] Wild Cultivation [b19] from Rainbeau Flambe "0.19.0"
[RF] Fertile Fields [b19] from Rainbeau Flambe "0.19.0"
I know for sure there are newer 1.0 versions of these mods.

Since i saw a few other 0.19 tags, you should check for update of all mods.
I just wondering that you didn't encounter such problems before, or did you recently add mods ?

makute

Odd, because I try to keep mods updated at all times, and deprecate those that become obsolete or redundant. Maybe the game's mod database can become corrupt and show old data?

Anyway, I found the problem. It was all caused by RIMMSqol and In-Game Definition Editor mods. Once I took them out of the game everything went back to normal: construction frames, bills, etc.

This is the current log: https://gist.github.com/a6cdeb627228196c91e4d6922e9efff5

I tried to use them into a small project I'm working on, so it seems I'll need some alternative :(

Canute

QuoteMaybe the game's mod database can become corrupt and show old data?
I don't think so, rimworld itself don't download or update any data.
Only the steam tool, download/update mods at a local folder before it get moved to Mods before gamestart.
And when all the mod's you use are from the workshop, you maybe subscribe the wrong version of them.

Glad you found the solution of your problem self.
The "In-Game Definition Editor" isn't realy a tool for regular player, it is more a tool for modder to change values without to restart Rimworld.