[1.0] Caravan Gear

Started by Thom Blair III, September 03, 2018, 04:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thom Blair III

Quote from: vandal on October 19, 2018, 03:54:03 AM
Any chance you can create a backpack for the mod Thom? I feel it fits nicely with camping
That's a great idea, but far beyond my low level of programming skills. Carrying things is way more complicated than I can figure out. But it's a great idea!
I was surprised to read about Angkor Thom in Cambodia. I looked up what "Thom" means and it's "big" or "great", so my avatar icon is ធំ which is "Thom" in Khmer.

vovik

I patched out most stuff - mostly names and cost:
- chemfueld refinery and generator take 1 more component
- generator is less eficient (it should be less desirable to use compact generator as stationary, its not that productive)
- table needs less materials
- chair now needs 10 cloth and 4 steel - resulting in smaller price (instead of carrying around chaitr in price of quarter of assault rifle)
- caravan lantern costs less steel and requires one component to function
- caravan chemfuel stove costs less steel and one component
- added compact solarpanel from remote explosives (it perfectly fits here, not there)

here is url for download:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TlBAWWNcr3XyO3O63nmJXhqPLqb-Qyx2

I really appreciate this mod, i always wanted a 1x1 table, and portable chair is like a fishing chair
https://www.google.com.ua/search?q=fishing+chair&safe=off&client=opera&hs=rPT&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiV-pLF2s_fAhUDBywKHY0yAmoQsAR6BAgFEAE&biw=1517&bih=696#imgrc=ycG0EG-gLd0-rM:, and portable refinery is so.. perfect, no need to carry full-sized refinery from furniture minification mod with caravan anymore, also i can now carry turrets with generator for some neato tactics!

A really nice and cozy mod for rimworld.
Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein acht
Ich bin die Stimme aus dem Leere
Ich hab euch etwas mitgebracht
Ein heller Schein am Firmament
Mein Herz brennt

Ruisuki

[table]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
Quote from: Thom Blair III on October 19, 2018, 09:50:45 AM
Quote from: vandal on October 19, 2018, 03:54:03 AM
Any chance you can create a backpack for the mod Thom? I feel it fits nicely with camping
That's a great idea, but far beyond my low level of programming skills. Carrying things is way more complicated than I can figure out. But it's a great idea!
Just a heads up for anyone interested in this, Chickenplucker figured out a way to get backpacks in the game. I'd link but Im unable to atm. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40519.0 Great stuff

I guess Im going to have to use the camping stuff mod in conjunction with this one. Its a shame, I wanted to avoid bringing in the now superceded content in it, but Im only doing it for tents. They are very nice to have, not only to avoid mood debuffs (rain, slept outside, etc) but also for capturing raiders you down in your travels. Given how you need a room to do so in. Still hoping you one day change your mind and decide to include your own version Thom. Well balanced mod nonetheless.

Simstu

Howdy! So... How exactly ,,portable'' are these? I probably don't get it...