"Rescued me" Buff not working?

Started by dkmoo, September 30, 2019, 08:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkmoo

Hey All, it's been a while since i played but came back recently. I'm trying to hook up a couple by using the "rescued me" buff but it doesn't look like it works anymore? i purposely let one of my pawns freeze naked until he's "downed" and let the other pawn rescue him, upon recovery the "rescued me" relationship buff doesn't appear for the downed pawn.

fritzgryphon

Maybe it only works for pawns downed by enemy attacks?

So players don't freeze their colonists for relationship buffs.

Sort of how like difficulty adaptation only counts knockdowns via enemy hits, and not downs due to temperature or friendly attacks.

Pangaea

Quote from: dkmoo on September 30, 2019, 08:58:41 PM
Hey All, it's been a while since i played but came back recently. I'm trying to hook up a couple by using the "rescued me" buff but it doesn't look like it works anymore? i purposely let one of my pawns freeze naked until he's "downed" and let the other pawn rescue him, upon recovery the "rescued me" relationship buff doesn't appear for the downed pawn.

Two of my pawns just beat the shit out of each other, almost killing the one worst off (torso to 12/40 health). The best doctor happened to be close by, so rescued him.

Gotta admire that chap btw. Earlier he had -20 for FIVE rebuffed approaches. Sad to say, he may have to face the truth :-/

His wife may not be too pleased about it either. But in fairness this was a chased refugee, and his wife was among the chasing pack trying to kill him. So I guess I can understand his actions  ;D ;D