mod recomendations

Started by doll32, October 03, 2019, 03:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doll32

So i have played rimworld for almost 1400 hours now however the amount of mods i use which is around 300 is too much on my computer and it takes way too long to load the game up and have been meaning to trim down that list, so here is the question i want to ask, what are some mods that you would are must haves for a fun rimworld experience?

edit: i think i put this in the wrong part of the forum, can someone help me move this to the right place?

rawrfisher

Just look at the mods you use the most and only load them then go from there.
I struggle with the same issue and it leads to alot of issues
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

elfstone

Also keep in mind, that mod is not mod, but mod-size matters. There are a few mods that increase QoL a lot, but only change one XML-Definition or insert one method. They take 0,1 second to load, and decrease the performance by near to nothing. You can easily keep 300 of those.
And then there is this one mod that patches 300 XML-Files on startup that increased load-time by a minute and that other patch that messes with work assignment and pathing algorithms that absolutely kills performance. Look for those mods!

Pangaea

300 mods? Is that all of them? :D

Obviously people will have different views about what is an essential mod. I have a light load compared to many (it seems), because I like the base game and just want some quality of life. Others, maybe including you, will want mods that introduce new races, new weapons, new gear, new benches, everything under the sun -- that is what is so great about this game (well, one of them), games friendly to the modding community will thrive.

With that in mind, here are a few mods that I like and use
-Achtung
-Common Sense
-AllowTool
-Defensive Positions
-More Harvest Designators
-Rimworld Search Agency
-Work Tab
-Medical Tab
-Animal Tab
-Numbers
-Pick up and Haul
-Recipe Icons
-Don't block door mod

If you want to trim down from 300, try to figure out what you really need for gameplay or QoL purposes, then trim away some of the fat. It's a little hard to make recommendations without knowing how you like to play.