Make the Crematorium Default to Not Burning Colonist Corpses

Started by Jaxxa, October 03, 2019, 04:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaxxa

I have not had this personally, but a number of people on Reddit were sharing their stories of accidentally burning or almost burning colonist corpses that they wanted to keep for Burial or Resurrection.

I dont know if this not burning colonists would be the exception or the general rule, but i though it could be worth discussing to see if the default should change.

Pangaea

Have not had this problem either, but it sounds like a good idea to me. Same with turning off smelting down doomsday and triple rocket launchers by default. If people play fast, it's easy to forget or not notice such things. Then wonder where the heck your colonists or fancy weapons went.

NickU

Why do people build Crematoriums?  I find it much cheaper, with no power requirements to just build a stone room, or wall off a cave, set a corpse dumping ground inside and then periodically throw in a Molotov Cocktail.  Just before you throw in the Molotov, have a quick scan of the bodies for gear that you want to recover or bodies that you want to keep.  Just remove the home area from it and forbid the door until cool down.

LWM

Because that requires a lot more attention?  Also...ew.  Also from a realistic point of view, bodies don't actually burn that well.  Except for the ones that spontaneously combust, but anyway.

Those are the reasons I prefer crematoria.

5thHorseman

In my last playthrough I didn't even burn the bodies. I just put them in a nearby but out of the way marsh. The haulers got a corpse hit after every raid but meh, I kept them happy with lavish meals and a nice base otherwise.

But yes, if I used a crematorium I'd like at least the option to set it to unknowns only. Just like I'd like an option to set graves to only colonists by default. I'm cheap, and sarcophagi are expensive.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Kirby23590

Call me even more cheap...

I prefer stuffing bodies in a Corner and then telling my guy to throw a Molotov at the dead bodies. Or just blasting them repeatedly with frag grenades or explosives... To get rid of them...

At least tell me that i'm about to accidentally burn my colonist's corpse in the Crematorium. Or a Relative of them or that someone has good stats that i want to res...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Pangaea