[1.0] uncraftable weapons

Started by Reize81, October 05, 2019, 08:04:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reize81

For now this is a personal mod in progress. My goal is to add a bunch of slightly unbalanced weapons with special abilities that cannot be crafted. Raiders should be able to spawn with them and traders should be able to sell them. This means to get them you have to loot them or trade them.

For now I made these 4 weapons:
- Recurve bow with fire arrows. Has a 0.5 chance to ignite the target
- Hellfire pistol. A pistol damage-wise between revolver and autopistol but with a chance to ignite it's target due to incendiary ammunition
- BlastGun. A shotgun-style weapon with an explosion radius on impact.
- MultiBlaster. A minigun-style weapon with an explosion radius on impact.

Planned: Poison arrows, Tranquilizers, satellite gun, a gun that spawns a swarm of hungry bots .... and so on.

I guess most of it has been done already but I am having fun making it work. Because I am old, occupied, got a family and no programming background expect the progress to be slow. For anyone who cares, feel free to download the status quo

Reize81

for some reason that I don't understand the weapons are added to the machining table. There seems to be a default at work. My guess is it has something to do with the weapon tags. Is there a way to remove the recipes from the machining table ?

Kirby23590

Quote from: Reize81 on October 05, 2019, 08:06:24 AM
for some reason that I don't understand the weapons are added to the machining table. There seems to be a default at work.
My guess is it has something to do with the weapon tags. Is there a way to remove the recipes from the machining table ?

It's because of "BaseHumanMakeableGun" which might be that the ParentName is using.

The ParentName uses that and that has something that makes things in the machining table for saving space in coding and the file size for the mod size.

Try swapping it with "BaseGun" or "BaseHumanGun" instead.

I would also recommend checking the BaseWeapons.xml files in the Core folder. Or making your own "BaseWeapon" instead.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.