Is it possible to get the recent (Oct 1st) minor update without Steam?

Started by ManaUser, October 05, 2019, 11:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManaUser

OK, so I bought the game directly. I don't use Steam. (Not gonna turn this into a rant, but I hate DRM) And it seems that the "sendowl" download link still points to the old version. I know it's just custom character names/bios, so I wouldn't care except I've been using the multiplayer mod with a friend who does play through Steam and it seems our games are no longer compatible (worked fine before).

Canute

Not sure how it affect the multiplayer mod but
QuoteI've just pushed a regular player content and localizations update, to version 1.0.2408.

This update doesn't change any code or core content in the game, it only updates player-created names and characters, and translations data.

All save games and mods should be compatible.
so nothing beside some names changed to the game.

You still can ask your friend to downgrade Rimworld over steam if you want to play together, or maybe ask at the multiplayer discord if they know a solution.

Pangaea

The above post about possible friend-downgrading aside (shhhh :D), it sure would be nice if the very latest update was available to us direct purchase people too. Even if it's just a minor update like this.

Think Steam still takes a 30% cut, so DRM Free + more money to Ludeon/Tynan? Win-Win :)

ManaUser

This is the error we get:

Combined with the fact that it was working fine a few days ago, that really makes it seem like it's the character name stuff, although I guess we haven't absolutely eliminated all other possible causes.

Not being a Steam user myself I wasn't aware downgrading was an option, I'll have to ask him about that, sounds like it might be the best solution.

Tynan

Sorry for the delay, I updated the SendOwl link so you can re-download there to get the new build.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

harpo99999