[1.0] Game displays a large red circle at all times

Started by anguskhan21, October 06, 2019, 12:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anguskhan21

I had been playing Rimworld yesterday without issue, but when i launched the game today it had a new red circle on the main menu.  As i opened all the other menus for options, save files, etc. the red circle was displayed on every one of them, right in the middle.  It even displayed when i loaded a save file, making gameplay very difficult.
A search online has found no solutions to this issue, so i tried removing my mods.  When that didn't work, i verified my files.  Next I reinstalled the game after deleting all Rimworld files from my computer.  The red circle still displays on my screen no matter what i do.
I am hoping that either there is a fix out there someone knows about that i haven't been able to find, or that perhaps a hotfix could be made if necessary to resolve this.

anguskhan21

I just noticed that the circle doesn't appear in my screenshot, which is odd.  Why could that be?

anguskhan21

Ok, so I just managed to fix it and I am going to post it here because nothing annoys me more than bug report threads that have no solution.  If you get this bug, ending steam with task manager and then restarting it will fix it. 
If someone can find out a more elegant or long term solution, then please let me know, but for now the game is working as intended again.

Kirby23590

So uhmmm... What system are you using...? Windows 10? Mac? Etc...

That might be a system error thing more than a game error, probably... So check if your Anti-virus might be the cause or a another program, it ain't help because i don't know what kind of bug you're encountering.

If you have a phone. Use your phone and take a picture of it on your hand. And post it here to let us see what kind of large red circle is it.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Canute

Kirby,
he allready wrote he fixed it or it fixed itself from restarting steam client.
Since we don't saw any red circle on the screenshot, maybe steam did some overlay that didn't got into the screenshot.

Kirby23590

I don't know why you have to reply @Canute but okay.

Let's hope that this bug ain't that big or problematic and is something weird with steam on other platforms. :-)

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Pangaea