[Mod Request or Help] Meal Description and Benefits

Started by Comrade Corwin, October 18, 2019, 05:05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Comrade Corwin

I was wondering if anyone were capable and interested in making a mod that would allow for prepared meals to have descriptions, much like art objects do. This would add flavor (Ha!) and maybe even some functionality as is done in Dwarf Fortress.

So, here is how I see it working:
SIMPLE MEALS
Cooking Skill - 0
Work - 5
Ingredients - 0.25 nutrition (raw food)
Nutrition - 0.75
Value - $10
Provides - 1 minor benefit
Description Format -
A [adjective] [style] made from [ingredient]. [benefit].
Description Example -
A simple soup made from rice. The creative use of common spices has created a flavor profile that leaves the consumer feeling satisfied.
+1 mood for 6 hours with the title "That was tasty!"

FINE MEAL
Cooking Skill - 6
Work - 10
Ingredients - 0.25 nutrition (meat or animal products), 0.25 nutrition (vegetarian or chocolate)
Nutrition - 1
Value - $20
Provides - 1 benefit or 2 minor benefits
Description Format -
This [style] entree is made primarily of [ingredient] that has a [adjective] [sense]. The meal comes with a [method] [ingredient] [style] serving as a side dish. [benefits].
Description Example -
This stake entree is made primarily of beef that has a smokey taste. The meal comes with a buttered corn bread serving as a side dish. The meal is hearty, leaving the consumer very satiated, but feeling slightly sluggish.
+0.25 nutrition, Movement: x95%

LAVISH MEAL
Cooking Skill - 12
Work - 15
Ingredients - 0.25 nutrition (meat), 0.25 nutrition (animal products or chocolate), 0.25 nutrition (vegetarian)
Nutrition - 1.25
Value - $40
Provides - 1 major benefit, 2 benefits, or 4 minor benefits
Description Format -
This is a [method] [ingredient] [style] dish that is [method], producing a [adjective] [sense].[method] [style] of [ingredient] is [location] the [style]. A [adjective] helping of [ingredient] [style] provides a [adjective] side dish with a [adjective] [sense]. [benefits].
Description Example -
This is a sugar glazed human sandwich dish is broiled, producing a unique aroma. An exotic sauce of chocolate and insect jelly is drizzled over the sandwich. A copious helping of mushroom balls provides a spongy side dish with an interesting texture. Something extracted from the main ingredients of this meal leaves the consumer coursing with adrenaline. The artistic nature of this dish is inspirational to those lucky enough to enjoy it.
Consciousness: x110 for 12 hours, receives a random inspiration.

The issue I see is that each tier of meals would still need to be stackable, so my idea is that the "recipe" is used until no more of its kind is found on the map, then a new recipe is created with the next dish of that tier. If multiple recipes are present, then they wouldn't stack in that case. Maybe make it so you can push for a new recipe prematurely, if the benefits are not to the player's liking or stacking becomes a problem? Probably add a bill that costs some work for a recipe reset or something.

Anyway, this is totally preliminary brainstorming and I am completely open to ideas. Any help making this mod would be greatly appreciated. I am not a modder, but if someone is willing to point me in the right direction (and probably hold my hand a bit), I am not against doing some work to make this happen.