[1.1] (WIP) PsiTech - Harness psychic phenomenon!

Started by K, October 11, 2019, 01:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K

Sorry that I broke your save. I had to change a lot of things around internally.

Anyway, that other issue you posted was just a case of "I didn't touch it so it's definitely not broken". I just put out an update that should fix it.

Canute

Don't worry about that safegame, these race was special anyway and couldn't wear any clothes.

But could you maybe explain about the weapon synco and the psi enhanced weapons ?
I enhanced the weapons so they got the (P) at the end and the pawn got the weapon syncro.
But i didn't notice any difference.
But it is hard to say anyway since you wrote that the effect depend on the traits and ability, i think i needed to check the combat log.

K

Psychically enhanced weapons get extra stat bonuses when used by anyone with weapon synchronicity. You can get weapon synchronicity through the Weapon Synchronicity and Perfected Synchronicity abilities as well as by equipping the Warrior advanced psionic armor set. Ranged weapons gain better accuracy and lower cooldowns while melee weapons gain more damage and lower cooldowns. All stat effects are scaled of the user's synchronicity.

These bonuses should appear in the info tab for weapons when they're in effect, but evidently I broke that too. I'll fix it and put out another update.

Edit: Stat offsets should show up now, at least on ranged weapons. The stats that are offset on melee weapons aren't displayed by the game so I can't actually show them. However, compare the dps with and without psychic enhancement and you'll see the difference.

Canute

And what's about unarmed ?
Since they don't carry any enhanced weapon. But there are still strong bionic implants for mellee combat.
But i can see the limitness about it, since the pawn need a focus for the ability. Sure we can discuss about that the own body is a focus too. But that your descision but you should mention this at the weapon synco ability description then.

Could you please take a look to made PsiTech working with Prepare Carefully ? PC don't need to be able to assign Psi abilities, but currently it isn't useable while PsiTech is active.
I need to setup a colony first and activate Psitech after that.

K

That conflict is fixed in the version I just updated. I didn't have a label for the faction which Prepare Carefully apparently requires.

Canute

Could you maybe put the clothes into a sub-categories Psi and Psi/Headgear , like Noble ?

K

I've pushed an update that now organizes all Psi equipment under the Psi category, as well as a Psi Headgear subcategory. Should make it a lot easier to actually find the stuff in menus.

Canute

The issue with the group cuddle isn't fixed yet.
Just got it that a pawn path to the allready occupied casket for training and enter it.

And i just saw at the log after loading
Null key while loading dictionary of Verse.Pawn and PsiTech.Psionics.PsiTechTracker. label=Trackers
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Scribe_Collections:Look(Dictionary`2&, String, LookMode, LookMode, List`1&, List`1&)
PsiTech.Utility.PsiTechManager:ExposeData()
Verse.CrossRefHandler:ResolveAllCrossReferences()
Verse.ScribeLoader:FinalizeLoading()
Verse.Game:DMD<DMD<LoadGame_Patch1>?-334656000::LoadGame_Patch1>(Game)
Verse.SavedGameLoaderNow:LoadGameFromSaveFileNow(String)
Verse.<>c:<Start>b__1_1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.<>c:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>b__27_0()
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart_Context(Object)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object)
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart()

Just a thought since i didn't could test it yet. Mindray at example got at target enemy.
But does Mindray do anything against mechanoids ? If not you maybe need to recognize that at the autocast.

K

Cuddling has been fixed. I sort of forgot about it with the training overhaul.

As for autocasting on mechanoids - they are not vulnerable to psionics and havea hit chance of 0% so you can filter them out using the "Minimum chance to hit" setting in the autocast configuration window. This also applies to psychically deaf individuals.

And for that last bug, it was quite an elusive one that didn't show up in my testing because you have to load a save, then load another save for it to occur. It was caused by data "bleed" between saves that was harmless but also very annoying. It's fixed now.

Lastly, I intend to release PsiTech later today, so I want to thank you Canute for all your bug testing and breaking of the mod. The release will go far smoother due to your efforts.

Canute

I just like to play unique mods and yours is ofcouse unique ! :-)

But i think you focus to much at the psychic aspect. You said self it is an mod for the endgame, but since 1.1 special with royality i got alot more mechanoid encounter then regular pirate raids.
I didn't encouter the special Psi faction yet, so i can't say anything about it.

Maybe you should think about some matter manipulation abilities too.
like pushback or throw. Telekinetic accelerate the target away from the user. Advance skill, you can select the destination where the target should fly too.
If the target hit another object or pawn both are damaged, depend on the ability of the user and the distance the target fly (higher velocity).

Maybe an advanced training casket to reduce training time.

K

I'm wary of stuff like that because it violates the lore of the game in that psychic phenomenon are purely mental. Some things in PsiTech (Heal most notably) sort of violate that but I made them anyway. We'll see if people want them badly and then I could add them.

As for the casket training time I've certainly considered it but as with other abilities we'll see what people want. Some of the balance is in the long time it takes to train psions.

At any rate, PsiTech is now fully released so I'm going to lock this thread. The new releases post can be found here.