Is anything in the works?

Started by Dr. Z, October 12, 2019, 04:12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Z

So, it's been half a year since the last update came out. Is anything big in the works? Anything at all?
Prasie the Squirrel!

Shurp

I'd love to find out what Ludeon's next project is.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Pangaea

Apparently there was a minor version update recently with translations updates. Whether that indicates something bigger in the works we have no way of knowing. I'd like to think they are still working on the game, though. But they prefer to not announce anything until it's ready.

Quote from: Shurp on October 12, 2019, 05:33:43 AM

SwimWorld.

Dr. Z

I still remember the time where Tynan would have a daily changelog where you could keep up with the developement of the game. So this long period of silence make me wondering what's going on.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Kirby23590

Check out tynan's twitter for any news.

Right now, not much and they don't have any plans yet and we don't what's going on at the backstage if they are planning anything or not.

Quote from: Shurp on October 12, 2019, 05:33:43 AM

Randy's Random Land.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Shurp

Quote from: Pangaea on October 12, 2019, 07:02:04 AM

SwimWorld.

So we're going to get the ability to colonize ocean hexes?  Great!  ::)
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Bozobub

Quote from: Dr. Z on October 12, 2019, 04:12:12 AM
So, it's been half a year since the last update came out. Is anything big in the works? Anything at all?
I'd say Tynan/Ludeon is probably still firmly in the snorting-coke-off-stripper-fannies stage of things.  Give Tynan the time to enjoy the fruits of his labor; it's kind of the entire point, no?  If RW continues to sell, he won't need additional income for a good, long time, and more power to him ;D.
Thanks, belgord!

eugeneb

I am very curious about this too and keep coming back here and twitter now and then to see if there are any updates. It looks like they wrapped up cocaine yayo parties in early June and have been working on something but what it is will remain a mystery until there is an official update.
https://twitter.com/TynanSylvester/status/1135809541205921792

My absolutely random guess would be something new since Rimworld has a mod for everything by now but who knows. It's my favorite game of all times so whatever they are working on, it's going to be shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg from me.

eugeneb

Hey, I've actually found the dev they hired and he is also from my hometown no less! The sad news is that after some intense stalking online the only thing I could dig up is that he has been doing "Gameplay programming and design on Rimworld". His twitter/github/etc doesn't really reveal much. Unfortunately I could not find anything like "omg working on this exciting new game prototype" tweet or super_secret_new_project github repo. If you want to learn more, I am afraid the only option is to start packing muffaloes to raid them.

Ramsis

Nothing of value to really talk about at the moment but like others have said keep an eye on Tynan's personal Twitter for any news related to RimWorld!

https://twitter.com/TynanSylvester

Be sure to shoot him a "hey have a great day" on there once in a while, he's a swell guy! :D
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~