Mod idea: Surviving Mars

Started by togfox, October 14, 2019, 08:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

togfox

Would love to see a Surviving Mars/Rimworld cross-over.

A map in rocky red zone where initial pawns are robots that mine and collect minerals and assemble pre-fab structures that are delivered via shuttles from Earth (drop pods). Power and water and food needs to be 'crafted' and habitat domes need to be built. Farms and greenhouses and space suits need to be crafted. The environment is the enemy - dust storms and crazy temperatures, hot and cold. Meteorites slam into the surface. Terraforming is eventually possible.

Can even through in a spider alien or two if you like.

:)

Canute

Kirby23590

But you can down-grade your version of rimworld back to A16. To play that marvelous mod. MarsX is something. Try it for yourself if you like it.  :D

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

togfox

Is that possible in STEAM? I don't have the DRM version.

Kirby23590

@togfox

Well i think it's possible without DRM, though i don't know for sure.

For that i think, Check your downloads in ludeon to see if you can get an older version.

Though the problem is i don't know. Ask someone who knows how Ludeon works though or ask Tynan himself.

Try https://rimworldgame.com/ and click the automated Steam registration system and find the non-DRM version to see if you could get at least get an older version of the game. Maybe, though i don't know for sure since i use Steam.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

AcetheSuperVillain

Quote from: togfox on October 15, 2019, 02:35:24 AM
Is that possible in STEAM? I don't have the DRM version.

In general, yes, in your Steam settings you can go back to previous versions of games.  Right click on RimWorld in Steam and it's in the properties somewhere.  I haven't tried this in RimWorld since 1.0, so I don't know if you can go all the way back to 0.16. 

Canute

Since the Mars Mod is on steam too, i think it is possible.