[1.1] Religions of Rimworld 2.0

Started by Basarab, January 20, 2020, 05:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Basarab

Religions of Rimworld 2.0

Discord:
There, the developers will respond with quickly if you find a bug or if you have suggestions for improving the mod!
Join

Download:
Version for 1.0
Latest Version (GitHub)

This mod requires a HugsLib

Description:

The mod is a framework and does not contain religion by default. I hope that the community will create its own religions and connections between other religions. However, to show the possibilities of this framework, you can download the Basic Pack of religions.

An improved version of the first version of the mod, a completely rethought idea of religions in the game.

Religion is a source of rules of conduct for a character who has a certain faith. Religion influences many aspects of a character's life and has the following parameters:

• Piety
  • Conversion criteria
  • Conversion by talk
  • Conversion incidents
  • Conversion mental breaks
  • Opinion
  • Reaction to pawn/animal murders
  • Reaction to pawn/animal deaths
  • Eating specific foods
  • Holy/banned weapons
  • Apparel and apparel materials
  • Religion buildings
  • Worship
  • Praying

Now your characters will have another feature that will affect their mood, behavior and more!

Every religion has unique effects on gameplay. The new Religion menu tab ingame accesses a codex of religions, showing their features for each of your characters.

Your own religion!

Create your own religion! All you have to do is follow the tutorial

Questions:

Is this mod is compatible with Multiplayer Mod?
I'm not sure. Haven't tested it yet but I suppose no. After some time of tests I'll do my best to make it compatible

Is this mod is compatible with previous mod version?
No it's not. 2.0 was fully rebuilded with a brand new code base

Default Religions Mod:

Download:
Version for 1.0
Latest Version (GitHub)

Maker's Church

Ancient monotheistic religion. The god is almighty Maker, creator of all beings in the world. History says, Maker created all from nothing, made energy from himself, made planets from his bones, his breath burned suns, his tears filled up seas and oceans. And from his flesh he made all the creatures alive.

Mother's Coven

The followers of this religion believe in the Mother, who gave them shelter and food. They say that the Mother appeared before her admirers in the guise of a deer, therefore it is considered sacred among the followers of this religion.

Serpent Cult

The cult of the Serpent have long been bloodthirsty for sacrifice and care not for the value of human life.

Hjkma

I got the following errors at the start of the game:
QuoteCould not find type named ReligionsOfRimworld.JobGiver_ActivityStage from node <li Class="ReligionsOfRimworld.JobGiver_ActivityStage" />
Exception loading list from XML: System.MissingMethodException: Cannot create an abstract class 'Verse.AI.ThinkNode'.
Could not find a type named ReligionsOfRimworld.IncidentWorker_Providence
Could not find a type named ReligionsOfRimworld.InteractionWorker_ReligionTalks
Could not find a type named ReligionsOfRimworld.JobDriver_TiedDown
Could not find a type named ReligionsOfRimworld.JobDriver_UntiePawn
Could not find a type named ReligionsOfRimworld.JobDriver_Pray
Could not find a type named ReligionsOfRimworld.JobDriver_DoReligionActivity
Could not find a type named ReligionsOfRimworld.JobDriver_ActivityPreparations
Could not find a type named ReligionsOfRimworld.JobDriver_Sacrifice
Could not find a type named ReligionsOfRimworld.JobDriver_ReadPrayers
Could not find a type named ReligionsOfRimworld.JobDriver_ListenPrayers
Could not find a type named ReligionsOfRimworld.MainTabWindow_Religions
Could not find a type named ReligionsOfRimworld.MentalBreakWorker_ReligiousBreakpoint
Could not find a type named ReligionsOfRimworld.Need_Piety
Could not find a type named ReligionsOfRimworld.Need_Pray
Could not find a type named ReligionsOfRimworld.RoomRoleWorker_Temple
Could not find a type named ReligionsOfRimworld.Building_ReligiousBuildingFacility
Could not find a type named ReligionsOfRimworld.ITab_ActivityTasks
Could not find a type named ReligionsOfRimworld.Building_ReligiousBuildingFacility
Could not find a type named ReligionsOfRimworld.Building_ReligiousBuildingMain
Could not find type named ReligionsOfRimworld.JobGiver_Pray from node <li Class="ReligionsOfRimworld.JobGiver_Pray" />
Exception loading list from XML: System.MissingMethodException: Cannot create an abstract class 'Verse.AI.ThinkNode'.
Could not find a type named ReligionsOfRimworld.ThoughtWorker_Apparel
Could not find a type named ReligionsOfRimworld.ThoughtWorker_Apparel
Could not find a type named ReligionsOfRimworld.ThoughtWorker_ApparelStuff
Could not find a type named ReligionsOfRimworld.ThoughtWorker_ApparelStuff
Could not find a type named ReligionsOfRimworld.ThoughtWorker_NeedPiety
Could not find a type named ReligionsOfRimworld.ThoughtWorker_ReligionOpinion
Could not find a type named ReligionsOfRimworld.ThoughtWorker_ReligionOpinion
Could not find a type named ReligionsOfRimworld.ThoughtWorker_ReligionGroupOpinion
Could not find a type named ReligionsOfRimworld.ThoughtWorker_ReligionGroupOpinion
Could not find a type named ReligionsOfRimworld.WorkGiver_DoActivityTask
Could not find a type named ReligionsOfRimworld.WorkGiver_UntiePawn
Could not find type named ReligionsOfRimworld.WorldGenStep_Religions from node <worldGenStep Class="ReligionsOfRimworld.WorldGenStep_Religions" />
Exception loading from System.Xml.XmlElement: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.MissingMethodException: Cannot create an abstract class 'Verse.WorldGenStep'.
Exception while executing PostLoad on Religions: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Could not instantiate inspector tab of type : System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null. Parameter name: key
Could not instantiate inspector tab of type : System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null. Parameter name: key
Config error in Piety: needClass is null
Config error in Pray: needClass is null
Config error in SacrificeAltar: has null thingClass.
Config error in WorshipSpot: has null thingClass.
Config error in Lectern: has null thingClass.
Config error in Totem: has null thingClass.
Config error in Totem: has components but it's thingClass is not a ThingWithComps
Config error in Idol: has null thingClass.
Config error in Idol: has components but it's thingClass is not a ThingWithComps
Config error in AltarWithBook: has null thingClass.
Config error in AltarWithBook: has components but it's thingClass is not a ThingWithComps
Config error in SacrificeAltar: has null thingClass.
Config error in WorshipSpot: has null thingClass.
Config error in Lectern: has null thingClass.
Config error in Totem: has null thingClass.
Config error in Totem: has components but it's thingClass is not a ThingWithComps
Config error in Idol: has null thingClass.
Config error in Idol: has components but it's thingClass is not a ThingWithComps
Config error in AltarWithBook: has null thingClass.
Config error in AltarWithBook: has components but it's thingClass is not a ThingWithComps
Hugslib log: https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/6f6c20749a5e1338b1ddd83d82a78f6b

Basarab

Quote from: Hjkma on January 20, 2020, 08:25:15 AM
I got the following errors at the start of the game:

If you had downloaded mod from GitHub - try again. I did some fix

SteveDream

Does this mod compatible with [1.0] Planetside Politics and Religions?
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=49340.0

Basarab

Falconidae

Any idea if this mod is incompatible with Psychology?

Basarab

21/01/2020

• Removed many temporary names and descriptions in the translation (Thoughts, Piety, etc)
  • Now the mod can be attached to an existing save
  • Some piety properties rebalance

Basarab

Update 24/01/2020

- Races combability added
- Fix: bug with Android Race

Basarab

Update 27/01/2020

- Added button to select a religion in the pawn Religion window (Only in DevMode)
- Fix: FillComponent error

WhiteDevil

What happened?
Did mod author up & join a cult?

My pawns couldn't sustain their piety value???

Tragically, they were able to convert other unfortunate pawns into the sad situation..

I fiddled around with settings & edited files but was unable to fix it.

Someone in the discord group gave suggestions & advice but that didn't help either..

..the biggest mystery to me was how TF that person managed to have their version running properly, send me their religion pack, describe how wonderful it is, but was unable to help me simply get the piety rate to function correctly?

I suppose there are some things man is yet to understand..

Anyway, best wishes to you, whoever you were..

Canute

WhiteDevil,
not familar with github ?
Use the download link, remove the part at the end, that will lead you to the github project.
At the master you maybe notice there is a 1.1 version. But i can't say if it is working or not.
Use the "Clone or download" button to get the mod.

Basarab

Update 04/06/2020

- pray and worship piety rebalancing