[1.0] (WIP) Ammunition (2019-10-22)

Started by LimeTreeSnake, October 18, 2019, 12:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LimeTreeSnake

-Ammunition-

This mod is a work in progress! Bug reports, feedback, and comments are appreciated!

-Description-
My other mod 'Degradation' cause weapons to jam and degrade with time and use. But I needed something short term as well and that is ammunition. I do enjoy Combat Extended like many but I used it mainly for that ammo. I did not enjoy the fact that I had to find a huge list of mods to make things compatible. I have tried to emit that issue from this mod by making it compatible on the go by simplifying a lot of things regarding real ammuntion. It is to keep things rather lightweight, compatible at the cost of immersion for playability.

-Features-

• Five ammo types (Primitive Ammunition: Industrial Ammunition: Chemical Ammunition: Nitrogen Ammunition: Battery Ammunition)
    -Do note that most weapons fall under the primitive/industrial ammunition whereas mods oft delve into other damage types like fire, plasma, nitrogen, shock, stun and electricity.
  • Mod settings where you can tweak many values.
  • Raiders use ammo and have ammo depending on their primary weapon.
  • How much ammo pawns should spawn with.
  • Least amount of ammo pawns should always try to carry around.
  • Crafting ammo locked behind research.
  • A pawn without ammunition will drop their weapon unless they find a source nearby. Commence the fist-fight.

-FAQ-

• Should cause no error upon loading mid-game. Not sure if removing it would cause errors apart from having tons of ammunition disappear.

-Compatibility-

• Should be compatible with everything possibly even CE although... why. If there is a weapon that uses a strange damage type not handled by this mod then that weapon won't use ammo. Really simple but I can rather easily patch it if you notify me.

-Known Issues-

• Outsiders might decide to take your ammo.

-Links-
Ludeon
GitHub
Steam Workshop
Discord

-Patreon-
I created a Patreon account since some people have asked for a way to support me!

-Special Thanks to-

• Pardeike: cause of his work on Harmony.
  • Madman666: The awesome images
  • Trunken: For all that support and images!

-Updates-
2019-10-22
- Fixed freeze after hunting with no ammo.
- Decreased weight from 0.1 to 0.05
- Trial nullcheck for mod settings. Possibly will end the issue of mod setting null exception for a lot of people.
- Removed IsTechHediff

2019-10-19
-Added check for named laser weapons to not use industrial ammo.
-Instead of dropping weapons, they are added to the inventory. Dunno why I thought dropping weapons was the best way...
-New art by OskarPotocki
-Pawns return to their original position when fetching ammo if in combat or drafted.
-Pawns should not try to fetch new ammo when hunting or whenever their weapon is brought forth.
-Proper Shotguns Patch

-License-
You may use this code as however you want. However, do notify me as I'd love to hear if people find use of my code! :)

Tocato

Easily the best reason I wanted ce for. Now I can use this without worrying about compatibility nice

Kirby23590

Same here...

Now i have to worry about how much arrows i have for my archers and bullets for the ones who mostly uses guns and energy ammunition for my founder the rich explorer's charge rifle and the other i just bought from that trader. Otherwise i have to whack them with my fists or with a melee weapon.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

LimeTreeSnake

2019-10-21
- Added compatibility mode in mod settings. Any weapon not covered default by this mod uses industrial ammo.
- Updated graphic UI for Category Def.
- Fixed issue with pawns trying to find stacks of ammo but returns a stack that contains an amount lower than least wanted.
- Single Use weapons does not require ammo.
- Added exclusion list for weapons to use ammo.

2019-10-19
-Added check for named laser weapons to not use industrial ammo.
-Instead of dropping weapons, they are added to the inventory. Dunno why I thought dropping weapons was the best way...
-New art by OskarPotocki
-Pawns return to their original position when fetching ammo if in combat or drafted.
-Pawns should not try to fetch new ammo when hunting or whenever their weapon is brought forth.
-Proper Shotguns Patch

InterstellarOrbit

Would you consider this as a rival Combat Extended?

LimeTreeSnake

I'd say no, CE does so much more than adding ammo.

Kirby23590

CE has much more, but there are some features that i kinda wished that were optional. I like the ammo management, but not a big fan of some changes. And changing the balance that we were used too.

Most of the players liked CE, but the minority like us, CE ain't our cup of tea if you know what i mean, i liked CE's few change though like Ammo types... But i liked the Ammo for ranged weapons which i like using giving a reason why you should keep making ammo or use melee fighters and mix them up together.

Thank you for your mod LimeTreeSnake. :D

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

InterstellarOrbit

Ah, thank you for the in-depth explanation  ;D

Ruisuki

oh its the same author as tenants. nice, good work

HSneak

Great mod !

A lil' suggestion about it, would it be possible to add an option to NOT RELOAD after firing a weapon ? this way it won't consume any new ammo, and it will remove the cooldown for that weapon. So it will be possible to use a heavy weapon (still need the warmup) and change to another one without having to wait the whole cooldown.

It's not directly related to ammunitions but the idea could easily find its way into your mod IMO, I mean weapons cooldown is logically the necessary time to change a clip or to reload a weapon.