Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

• November 13, 2019, 12:37:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 1.0 Colonists use bionic arms in melee even with a melee weapon  (Read 153 times)

Divvy

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
1.0 Colonists use bionic arms in melee even with a melee weapon
« on: October 18, 2019, 08:09:08 PM »

This may be intended or unintended, I don't know.

AFAIK the behavior used to be that if a colonist had a melee weapon, they would strictly use that melee weapon to attack. If a colonist had no melee weapon, they would alternate attacks between arms.

I'm seeing my colonists use their bionic/arcotech arm to attack even when equipped with a plasteel long sword, thereby reducing the dps wasting every other attack with the bionic arm. If there's no bionic arm, the colonist uses the long sword for every attack.

EDIT: This only seems to occur when outside the main colony map, such as in random encounters and quest locations.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 10:00:08 PM by Divvy »

Kirby23590

• Planetologist
  • Full Metal Yorkshire
    • View Profile
Re: 1.0 Colonists use bionic arms in melee even with a melee weapon
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 01:09:42 AM »

I think it's mostly intended...

Bionic or not, they will still use their fists even with a plasteel longsword. Since i think bionic arms for the pawns they have higher damage output than the fists.

But i still get pawns using their fists even with a superior melee weapon, even without bionic parts.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Tynan

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Transcendent
    • View Profile
    • Tynan's Blog
Re: 1.0 Colonists use bionic arms in melee even with a melee weapon
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 02:47:29 AM »

It's intended. They evaluate all their attacks and tend to use the better ones but there is always some random mixture between their different attack verbs.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog