Is it still worth playing on Linux for performance? Help with FPS.

Started by teknotel, October 19, 2019, 04:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pangaea

Since he (or she?) wants to run a lot of mods and only remove the few that are causing problems, I'm not sure how much it would help to show the small list I'm running with. But in any case, here it is:

Core
HugsLib
AllowTool
ModManager
CommonSense
Achtung
BetterPawnControl-2.0.2
Vanilla Bionics Expansion
Numbers
WorkTab
Pharmacist
PickUpAndHaul
DefensivePositions
MedicalTab
AnimalTab
WhileYoureUp
RimworldSearchAgency
MoreHarvestDesignators-1.0
ShowDrafteesWeapon
StackXXL
Adaptive Cassie storyteller
DontBlockDoorMod
TraderDismissal
RecipeIcons
BionicIcons-master
RF - Packed Lunches

It has grown a bit recently in fairness, though most of these are pretty light-weight, or QoL mods.

Glad I found a bionics mod that isn't as OP as the usual ones. Now I can replace noses! :)

teknotel

Quote from: Pangaea on October 20, 2019, 11:45:08 PM
Have you studied the log yourself? I'm sure you are more familiar with the mods than we are -- at least more than I am. Go down to about line 800 and read from there.

There seem to be some mods from Alpha 13 and 16, which probably won't play too nicely with the game right now.
Shouldn't be any A13 or A16 mods? Will have a look.

I really have no idea how to identify errors in the debug log. I mean I guess I could just look at the mods and make assumptions sure, I am sure I have seen people actually identify red errors and reasons for FPS lag.

Maybe I was mistaken or misread some posts.

teknotel

Thank you for your comment, if this game I am currently playing on a smaller map with a lot of mods culled dies to FPS (seems to be going that way already), then I will go back to linux and try there.