Any way to revive world pawns that are registered as dead???

Started by komichero, October 20, 2019, 07:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

komichero

As the title says. Just trying to fiddle with save file stuff, wanted to know if there was any way to change the state of a pawn from registered dead to something else like kidnapped. This isn't the same as resurrecting a corpse on the map, I'm talking the corpses that have been lost to the world, i.e. lost caravans or pawns kidnapped out of the map but died not long after. There doesn't seem to be any dev tool to do so, but I can use dev tools to at least see what pawns have died outside of the settlement map.

I've poked around the save file and there doesn't really seem to be any straightforwards state change so I was wondering how I would go about editing the file to change that if I wanted.

Bozobub

I'm sure it's possible but I haven't seen anyone post a method ^^'.
Thanks, belgord!

tsmt1001

Polaris block mod has something called "void key". It can bring back dead colonists and animals without having their body. It cannot bring back other pawns, so pawns who have a dead relative from another faction can't get their relatives back. Would be nice if there was a mod which helps with that.