Game unable to run for more than 10-20 seconds before CTD

Started by Salt Factory, October 25, 2019, 11:28:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salt Factory

I am running on windows 10 with a freshly installed game. I have disabled all overlays besides the GForce overlay. I don't seem to get an error message. Any help would be appreciated. On version 1.0.2408

Salt Factory

I have found the log
Initialize engine version: 5.6.5f1 (2cac56bf7bb6)
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
    Version:  Direct3D 9.0c [nvldumdx.dll 26.21.14.4097]
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
    Vendor:   NVIDIA
    VRAM:     5991 MB (via DXGI)
    Caps:     Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=0 INTZ=1 NULL=1 RESZ=0 SlowINTZ=0 ATOC=1 BC4=1 BC5=1
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
Platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\NAudio.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\NAudio.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\NVorbis.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\NVorbis.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\TextMeshPro-1.0.55.56.0b11.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\TextMeshPro-1.0.55.56.0b11.dll into Unity Child Domain
- Completed reload, in  0.025 seconds
Platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/VR/BlitCopyFromTexArray' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/VR/BlitCopyFromTexArray' - Setting to default shader.
<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

desktop: 1920x1080 144Hz; virtual: 3840x1080 at -1920,0
<RI> Initialized touch support.

UnloadTime: 0.882700 ms
RimWorld 1.0.2408 rev747

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\System.Xml.Linq.dll (this message is harmless)

Canute

Hi,
if you didn't forget to post something from the log (you can attach file to your postings too) Rimworld didn't crash from itself.
So something else force quit Rimworld.
You should try out to deactivate/end all other tools and try it again.

And don't forget to squash the bugs in your hair or where do you think is a bug ?

Salt Factory

All i was using was rimworld though the steam launcher so i had thought it was a bug. No other programs where running during my attempts to play the game. No need to be rude, I am just trying to play the game I bought.

Pangaea

The only message that looks harmless are the ones near the bottom. Found a few hits with searches, for instance here and here -- but sadly no replies.

Do you have the latest drivers for your graphics card? Not much I can think of except standard replies like check drivers and maybe uninstall and reinstall the game.

Also, do you have a bunch of mods? I know you said a freshly installed game, but if you have a lot of mods, maybe some are incompatible with each other and could cause issues.

Hopefully Tynan or a Rimworld staffer sees this and have an idea of what might be wrong.

Salt Factory

No mods and freshly updated drivers. I did notice that the game is playable through the exe in the files, this just happens on a steam launch.

Salt Factory

Here is a verbose log of the came before it force closes. I am almost certain it has something to do with steam itself as launching from the files doesn't have the same issue. Possibly has something to do with connecting to the steam servers?

Pangaea

Once again steam causes problems, huh? Seems to happen a lot. Glad I don't use the bloatware. Happy to hear you got the game working.