The ability to auto-pause when a colonist goes idle

Started by BeefHellington, October 07, 2019, 04:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeefHellington

That would be nice. I posted this already in the "cheapest ideas" topic, but I wasn't sure you would see it, so I posted it here too.

BeefHellington

There's a mod that pauses the game on yellow-letter events. You could also change a colonist going idle into a yellow-letter event as well.

SenorSemi

Yellow letter events? Like the minor stuff of the order of break risks?

Pangaea

I wish there was auto-pause on raids -- similar to how the game pauses when your caravan is ambushed. Settings for this, like you have in typical RPGs, would be great.

BeefHellington

Quote from: SenorSemi on October 10, 2019, 12:20:53 PM
Yellow letter events? Like the minor stuff of the order of break risks?

Yeah, it's called "Give Me A Moment" by wastelandr. It's available on the steam workshop.

Kirby23590

Quote from: Pangaea on October 10, 2019, 01:11:30 PM
I wish there was auto-pause on raids -- similar to how the game pauses when your caravan is ambushed. Settings for this, like you have in typical RPGs, would be great.

I think it already pauses without the need of mods, check the game options for "Pause on urgent letter" and see if it's checked or not.

With that checked it pauses on red letters, which includes infestations, colonist going on a berserk rage, manhunter packs etc...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Pangaea

Quote from: Kirby23590 on October 15, 2019, 05:32:14 AM
I think it already pauses without the need of mods, check the game options for "Pause on urgent letter" and see if it's checked or not.

With that checked it pauses on red letters, which includes infestations, colonist going on a berserk rage, manhunter packs etc...

Well, blimey. There it is. Thanks! :)

BeefHellington

A mod called "More Pause Events" by SirRandoo (on the Steam Workshop) was recently updated to enable auto-pause on idle colonists. I haven't tested it yet, but I'll let you know if it works here.