Better main tab titles (to stop misclicking)

Started by Pangaea, October 25, 2019, 07:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pangaea

I have lost count how many times I am clicking on the wrong tab in the main game window. Titles like Work, Restrict and Assign aren't terribly good I think. It's not instantly identifiable, it's not descriptive enough. Sounds sort of similar (restrict and assign). I have watched a lot of videos of some Magnus type on youtube as well, and he too is clicking on the wrong tab time and time again. I'm sure it's rather common :P

Please excuse some extra tabs here from mods, but how about giving them some new names? This either isn't perfect, as there are areas too under "Schedules", but I think it would be easier to hit the right ones if we have for instance: Work, Schedules, Policies. That's the main function of all three.
(I thought about Priorities for the "Work" tab, but it's probably better to keep that as is tbh).

I'd also love to see some type of highlighting for the tab we have active. I don't think there is anything right now, which coupled with the misclicking problem, often means I hit the same tab twice in a row (if I have one up for a while), minimising it instead, because I'm never quite sure which one contains what.

Much the same for the tabs for "what town will buy". There is a slight highlighting, but it's soooo subtle. Very hard to see unless you are specifically paying attention to it - especially on the top row. I think some kind of highlighting would be good. Doesn't have to be "in our face", but some minor background colour change, or something like that.