Noob Question

Started by Reefkeeper, October 27, 2019, 07:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reefkeeper

Hello all. Just purchased game not long ago. Im a little late to the party. I have an issue in my new colony. I killed a raider in my colony and the dead body is a mood killer. I want to move it. When i try to move my only options are eat it, which I dont want to do, and when i want to move it says can not move due to no empty configured space to store it?... I created a new stockpile zone away from main colony and only allowed it to have dead bodies human. And put priority at critical. I am still unable to move it. How can I get rid of this dead body and any more I kill in future?? Thanks

Kirby23590

Do you have any hauler in your colony? If they don't like hauling, then the body just rots there, check if one if your pawns aren't incapable of dumb labor which makes them not haul crap. Or the haulers might be busy doing other tasks since hauling is low-priority for the colonists. Better set the work priority for hauling to 1 for your guys or otherwise it rots and gives a worse mood debuff for your pawns walking by, or turns into a skeleton.

Also there's also building Graves to bury the dead so they won't see it, but it also requires hauling too for burying the dead raiders...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

LWM

A basic stockpile does not hold corpses by default.  A dumping stockpile does, however.  Graves also do.  You can look in the filter to make sure corpses are allowed....specifically non-fresh ones (ew).  Are you sure your stockpile will accept corpses?

If all else fails, sometimes forbidding and unforbidding the corpse resets the hauling engine so it realizes someone can haul it.

Kirby23590

Oh, forgot about dumping stockpiles...

By default, basic stockpiles don't accept corpses, dumping stockpiles however by default do... Just don't forget you can configure it to your liking. And make them only accept humanoid corpses and not rock chunks or the opposite.

Also we did also forget that in freezing temperatures or in cold snaps, corpses do not rot and are frozen in -20 degrees temperatures. I always like making a second freezer just for hiding human corpses there and putting our favorite pawns in a sarcophagus in a freezer to preserve their bodies... There's a secret why we freeze our dead people... ;)

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Canute

Don't forget to enable the "rotten" flag on top of the stockpile settings.
So when you forget these flag, but enable all corpses (like you said) then the hauler don't a valid spot to haul to.

Graves are the 1. choise for dead people, but once more and more raider comes the graveyard will become bigger and bigger.
If you have dogs or other animals which eat corpses, they can act as pet food, but you need a big freezer.
Easy way to get ride of corpses, haul them into a fireproofed area/room and throw in a few molotov cocktails. Dig a small room into some mountain or build a room with stone blocks.

BlackSmokeDMax

I'd probably say to make sure to enable both 'rotten' and 'fresh' and then allow all human corpses, you didn't mention how old that corpse is, that should catch it no matter what.