My One of colonist has %75 Sight So...

Started by KnightForEyes, October 29, 2019, 11:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KnightForEyes

Hi. I'm From Turkey... and I'm new around here. If I make grammar or english fails... just dont mind it :/ Still learning....

Soo yeah... He has %75 sight... I gave him Legendary Sniper
I checked the wikia and...

It has %100 chance to hit in short-medium-long ranges... but I think It caculated as %100 Sight. But My character has %75... So how much inaccurate he's going to be?

ManHuntingSquirrel

Draft your colonist and hover your cursor over a target. It will tell you the chances of hitting it.
- The Squirrel-Llama Manhunting Association CEO

Kirby23590

Also depending on the range, Longer ranges are less accurate, while medium is slightly better. At short range it's slightly better...

While also counting on his shooting skills. Higher skills make him likely to hit his target and lower well the opposite at being able to hit the broadside of the barn.

Also counts for what weapon he's using, a assault rifle? that good. Also the quality, lower means less likely as well while masterwork or higher quality has better chances of hitting even at longer ranges.

Since the legendary sniper, is a good choice you got, his sight still might have something like 80% or 77% chance to hit depending where the target he's aiming at.

Just what ManHuntingSquirrel said, if you hover your cursor on your target, it will tell you the chance of hitting the target.  ;)

EDIT: Also manipulation counts for shooting as well. So keep his arms healthy and make sure it doesn't get a bite scar or have any missing fingers!  ;D

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

2532wz

我认为他的命中率挺高的 ,我和你一样也是个新人

KnightForEyes

Quote from: Kirby23590 on October 29, 2019, 06:30:33 PM
Also depending on the range, Longer ranges are less accurate, while medium is slightly better. At short range it's slightly better...

While also counting on his shooting skills. Higher skills make him likely to hit his target and lower well the opposite at being able to hit the broadside of the barn.

Also counts for what weapon he's using, a assault rifle? that good. Also the quality, lower means less likely as well while masterwork or higher quality has better chances of hitting even at longer ranges.

Since the legendary sniper, is a good choice you got, his sight still might have something like 80% or 77% chance to hit depending where the target he's aiming at.

Just what ManHuntingSquirrel said, if you hover your cursor on your target, it will tell you the chance of hitting the target.  ;)

EDIT: Also manipulation counts for shooting as well. So keep his arms healthy and make sure it doesn't get a bite scar or have any missing fingers!  ;D
Thanks. But Only arms? Eye's doesnt matter? You forgetting that word xD

-I got very nice accurate person but I gave him to Legendary Assault Rifle. Becouse Hi skill and 3 shots means LOTS of damage.
-I got not much accurate person. But I gave him MasterWork Minigun. and Plus He's a StronK one.
-I got %75 sight person(I'm thinking about give 2 bio eyes[Its increases sight to... %125 I think.
"The Archotech eye is an eye replacement which provides 150% sight efficiency."
" A Bionic eye is an artificial eye that can replace a natural one through implant surgery. Unlike their natural counterparts, bionic eyes do not scar. They have 125% efficiency, which on average increases a colonist's sight by 12.5% for each one installed.."
So yeah... I'm thinking about make him a MLG Sniper so he can Headshot some Pirates for show some DEMOCRACY on my WORLD!
-And a fun fact. He lost left eye... but he's got right eye... So you DONT need 2 eyes to shoot a sniper... Am I right xD
Anyway Thanks for info's guys!

Pangaea

It's easiest to check out such things by having the person drafted while in shooting range of some enemies or animals. Then you hover the mouse over an enemy, and you should see a popup box that gives detailed information about hit chances, cover, and so forth. If the target is moving and you want to study the hover info box, it's best to pause the game so it doesn't disappear and appear constantly.

But as for sight, it actually works a little differently than perhaps expected. Bionic eyes give 125% efficiency, so two bionic eyes will of course lead to 125% sight. But if you have one normal eye (100%) and one bionic eye, you will not get 112.5% sight, but 119%. This is apparently because the eye with best sight weight heavier than the other one. Probably how it works in real life tbh.

Therefore, provided I have the time and resources, I love to replace *one* healthy eye with a bionic eye on my best shooters (or ideally everybody before the crucial 15-day onslaught). If you do the same for an archotech eye I would expect much the same. So you may get 135% of something instead of the expected 125%.

PS: You can also check what matters for the various stats if you go into the Information panel of a character (by clicking the little "i"). Often eyesight is capped at 100% for instance, if I recall correctly, while manipulation (arms) can go above 100%, so can be important for lots of tasks.

Poor manipulation can for instance affect the amount of resources you get from mining steel, or from butchering animals -- unless the base skill (Cooking etc) is high enough to compensate for the lower manipulation.

All of this you can see in the above-mentioned Information panel for each character.

Kirby23590

Quote from: KnightForEyes on October 30, 2019, 11:33:15 AM

-I got very nice accurate person but I gave him to Legendary Assault Rifle. Becouse Hi skill and 3 shots means LOTS of damage.
-I got not much accurate person. But I gave him MasterWork Minigun. and Plus He's a StronK one.
-I got %75 sight person(I'm thinking about give 2 bio eyes[Its increases sight to... %125 I think.
" A Bionic eye is an artificial eye that can replace a natural one through implant surgery. Unlike their natural counterparts, bionic eyes do not scar. They have 125% efficiency, which on average increases a colonist's sight by 12.5% for each one installed.."
So yeah... I'm thinking about make him a MLG Sniper so he can Headshot some Pirates for show some DEMOCRACY on my WORLD!
-And a fun fact. He lost left eye... but he's got right eye... So you DONT need 2 eyes to shoot a sniper... Am I right xD

Hey, i didn't forget about sight i just forgot to talk about it as well. If your guy goes completely blind well... It's obvious that he can't see nor hit anything with a legendary sniper rifle... lol

Though i would go for bionic eye since they can be built in the Fabrication bench, while Archotech eye is expensive and only sold by traders or found as rewards in quests and ancient ruins... ;)

Masterwork minigun... Is Stronk... Hmmmm... I guess i'm imagining a heavy russian with a minigun from somewhere...

KnightForEyes

Quote from: Kirby23590 on October 30, 2019, 02:41:59 PM
Quote from: KnightForEyes on October 30, 2019, 11:33:15 AM

Hey, i didn't forget about sight i just forgot to talk about it as well. If your guy goes completely blind well... It's obvious that he can't see nor hit anything with a legendary sniper rifle... lol

Though i would go for bionic eye since they can be built in the Fabrication bench, while Archotech eye is expensive and only sold by traders or found as rewards in quests and ancient ruins... ;)

Masterwork minigun... Is Stronk... Hmmmm... I guess i'm imagining a heavy russian with a minigun from somewhere...
Google : Do you mean Heavy Weapons Guy? TF2?

And a bad about this is she's is fat. Not builded like Heavy(The big looking body type is Hulking I think).
And actually minigun is pretty deadly when my main guy is tanking and she's shooting while enemies focused on my melee guy(He's got the shield and armour[Plated one] for the melee fights.)
But I got other guy (He's going to be my Heavy.He's prisoned Soldier [14 shooting 10 melee]) becouse he's got more accurate (The girl heavy got 10 but this heavy got 14).

And a fun fact. I actually like fast-firerate weapons in real life. For example GAU-8(BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT)!
Anyway back to the topic. I'm thinking about give a Bionic or Archotech for the Heavy. I think It will be more accurate when I put 2 better eyes and work with him for hunting(Shooting animals are increases accurisy too.)
But does guns has MAX accurisy rate?
For example If my guy is 20 Shooting/2 archotech eyes/Steady[I forgot that one... But its increases accurisy but increases the warmup for a gun too]/Legendary Minigun with it... Is that going to be a Extemely accurate person or... Its going to become like this (For ANOTHER EXAMPLE Legendary Minigun has %38 in medium range.)
???
I'm kinda like math etc stuff but... I got no shooter with 20 lv and 2 archotech eyes with it...
Cheats?
Nah... I am too lazy for it. So asking on experienced persons is more better option.

Pangaea

A legendary mini-gun may be different, because it will have improved accuracy (and I'm not sure what is the best use for them in general), but usually I put the mini-guns on decent but not great shooters. Reasoning being that accuracy is going to be fairly poor anyway, so even great shooters probably won't hit a whole lot. But it's great in killbox type situations, where even missed bullets may hit something because there are so damn many enemies flowing into the same area.

On the things we mentioned above, however, here is a screenshot from the info panel I talked about. This person happens to have a bionic arm (improved manipulation), but unfortunately that doesn't matter for shooting (it is maxed at 100%, as you can see from the panel).

For other skills, especially surgery, improved manipulation can be great because it increases success rate. Crafting is good for it too, because it increases their crafting speed. But as mentioned, for shooting I love to give them a bionic eye to increase sight from 100% to 119%. Admittedly many eyes need to be replaced anyway because they keep losing them, but yeah... :D

Kirby23590

Man 2 Archotech eyes. Those are gonna be rare and expensive! :o

Unless you're lucky that a Exotic Trader from a caravan or from the console gave you one... I can have both an Archotech eye and a bionic eye... Then if i get a second Archotech eye, i will replace that bionic eye and might give it to someone else like a sniper or a doctor who needs it.

Manipulation is important, so does Sight. Minigun like Pangaea said, aren't great for your main shooters but for newbies in shooting. And TBH i like automatic weapons like assault rifles and SMGs along with machine guns, but Shotguns are my favorite weapons in other games especially the Doom Super shotgun and the AA-12. This is why i can't live running with shotguns without a mod called proper shotguns in the rims. But to topic.

But mainly i give my good shooters, Assault rifles, Charge rifles, Bolt-actions and Sniper Rifles. But Miniguns there are a few times i think i used em' lots tribals rushing into a line of fire and putting lot of holes into a centipede.

So don't forget bionic (Also Archotech exists for it ) arms for your heavy along with Archotech eyes this will almost make your guy almost hit everything without missing 80% of the time.

Now if you can outsmart one bullet... ;)