Fight fires without undrafting

Started by Pangaea, November 06, 2019, 10:17:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pangaea

I'd love the ability to fight fires without having to undraft the pawns. Reason is that fighting centipedes is a right nightmare because of the inferno cannons. I try to keep turrets and cannons from exploding during combat, but it's a micro hell because when they are done repairing they often run into the middle of the firing line. Either to pick up a dead mech, repair something, or perhaps pick up some steel from something destroyed to refill turrets and suchlike. You get the picture.

What would be lovely was if we were able to tell a pawn to repair a turret while drafted, and they kept repairing until done, and then just stood there. Start firing if they have a weapon or otherwise stand there (this would then usually be behind a sandbag line in my games).

Added bonus: It would help greatly when I'm trying to keep people on fire (from inferno cannons) from running into the middle of combat.

It's actually not rare for this type of micro to be harder than the combat itself. And auto cannons and plasteel miniturrets are expensive, so I can't let them blow up every time mechs show up.

Vakari