[1.0] Message about animal having bonded, without it occurring

Started by Pangaea, November 06, 2019, 10:26:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pangaea

A handful of times across two different games I have gotten messages (top left corner, and in history tab) about an animal having bonded with a pawn, without it actually showing up anywhere. No +5 mood for the pawn in question, and no (bonded) and heart in the UI for the animal itself, or the modded AnimalTab tab. There is simply no sign of it anywhere, so it looks like some type of bug or erroneous message to me.

This has happened with pigs, cougars and panthers.

I took some pictures of one of the event way back, but can't find them right now (but I suppose pictures don't really help all that much anyway?).

Have anybody else noticed this? Can it somehow be related to Fluffy's Animal tab instead of the core game? Wouldn't think that should impact the actual messages, but I don't know how much it affects.

Pangaea

Is there something unusual about this character or something? I've noticed at least three animals get bonded to her, but without it being correct. The messages pop up, the animal gets a name, but is not actually bonded.

A thought as I look over it again: Does Psychopath mean they can't bond with animals either?  ???

LWM

Psychopaths cannot form connections to animals on the Rim either, apparently.

I still think the animal should be bonded tho, so if the Psychopath dies, it can still go berserk.

--LWM

Pangaea

In that case there shouldn't be any messages about it either. Seems like a slight oversight, rather than an actual bug.

Don't recall what pawn this happened with in other games, but I'll just assume it was with Psychopaths then too.