Stockpile customization! Even moar!

Started by Somz, July 25, 2014, 01:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somz

Hey folks, good morning/day/evening.
The reason I'm writing this topic is because of the annoying amounts of micromanagement I'm doing.

Seems like the printscreen function is refusing to take a picture of the game and takes one of the background instead, so I'm unable to provide an example, but here's the deal.:

I'm usually creating big  (9x25 or so), nice stockpile areas with trade beacons
where I create multiple (about 12) stockpiles, basically for each item kind I use;
(weapons to sell, metal, slag for metal extraction, stone blocks, stone chunks for cutting, dead mechanoids, meat, crops ect, ect...),
size them and untick everything else according to my needs and build my living quarters and other stuff around it.

In any case, creating one nice stockpile would be easier, yes, but then it could get full easily (i.e.200+ raid? 200+ weapons to sell/too much crops/metal?), then for example meals won't have a place so the cook goes berserk, mindlessly cooking one meal after another, wasting resources, while my builders have to run across the map several times... Anyway, problems.

I'd really like to see a 'max amount of items' feature which would allow me to, let's say, have 400 metal in a given stockpile but no more, or better yet, to allow me to have metal (be it a stack of 4 or 75) on only 10 tiles for example.
This would allow us...but most importanly me ( ;3 ) to perfectly customize the stockpiles more easily without having to worry about it being full of something.

I'm eager to hear your opinions.

Thank you!
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

ApexPredator

I think what you are proposing would be a neat/useful feature. The way I currently play the game is set most stockpiles for one or two things depending on what I want in that area and have one big lower priority catch all. For example there is a stock pile that has 15 slots to the left of my cook top for the cook to deposit meals and two smaller stock piles to the right that each hold potatoes and meat, or a 5x5 stock pile for silver within the trade beacon range set to critical which means there is only room for 10k silver and if I have more than 10k there is a larger silver only stock pile in the mountain set to normal for my excess. One pile for weapons I want to keep based on type and another for sale by a beacon.