Random crashes "Write to location 06f01480 caused an access violation."

Started by tindrli, November 09, 2019, 05:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tindrli

Greetings to all. Im having random crashes. Happen to me on 2 playthroughts.
Error log always shows this Write to location 06f01480 caused an access violation. where this number 06f01480 Changes.
Never had crashes when played without mods. But im hooked pretty much so i decide to use some.
i used some mods watching this playthrough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivLnByls3Rc&list=PLQzS5LkBoOIi2gRo1d-P2EGzhce9NOOGI
Also  I used "rwms_sort-0.95.1" to order them. there were no unknown mods.
Strange thing is that i also play a same thing with same mods and same order on my office laptop at work without any crashes.
Please help me understand what is happening. sorry for bad english and thank to everyone  in advance.
ah yes i tried
1. reinstalling
2. disabling antivirus integrated windows defender
3. Installing  on my second D: drive
4. Running game as Admin
5. now im updating nvidia drivers and restarting the damn thing just in case) NOT WORKING
Nothing worked :(

Canute

Hi,
at first i though you might run the 32 bit rimworld, but then i saw at the log you used RimWorldWin64.exe.
But access violation is mosttime about a memory problem.
Does the mashine you got the crash, less RAM then your buisness laptop and/or is the c: partion maybe pretty full so windows can't swap the memory on the partition or is the swap option disabled by you maybe (it is enabled by default) ?

tindrli

Quote from: Canute on November 09, 2019, 06:13:59 AM
Hi,
at first i though you might run the 32 bit rimworld, but then i saw at the log you used RimWorldWin64.exe.
But access violation is mosttime about a memory problem.
Does the mashine you got the crash, less RAM then your buisness laptop and/or is the c: partion maybe pretty full so windows can't swap the memory on the partition or is the swap option disabled by you maybe (it is enabled by default) ?

Thanx for replying.
How can i check that swap option disabled?
I dont remember disabling swap mem ever.
I use this laptop primary for gaming and to be honest it didn't crash on any game for 2 years. Also my unmodded rimworld does not crash
My home laptop that have crashes is helios 300 with 1060 6VRM and 16gb ram and plenty of ssd space
Work laptop that works flawless is some HP with 8gigs ram and also plenty od ssd space
Both running win 10 updated
Another difference is that work laptop have radeon graphic with 2gig VRAM.
i also tried running game with both integrated and dedicated graphics with NO SUCCESS

Canute

Normaly is 8gb RAM enough to run rimworld even with mods.

Before you look at the swapfile, check if C: still got enough room. If there isn't much space left maybe empty the trashcan.
To check about the swap option take a look at
https://www.windowscentral.com/what-swapfilesys-and-do-i-need-it-my-windows-10-pc

Since the last thing before the crash is to load a snapshot of a ruin.
Maybe try to disable Real ruin and check if that helps.

Beside that i don't have any ideas.

tindrli

Quote from: Canute on November 09, 2019, 06:54:08 AM
Normaly is 8gb RAM enough to run rimworld even with mods.

Before you look at the swapfile, check if C: still got enough room. If there isn't much space left maybe empty the trashcan.
To check about the swap option take a look at
https://www.windowscentral.com/what-swapfilesys-and-do-i-need-it-my-windows-10-pc

Since the last thing before the crash is to load a snapshot of a ruin.
Maybe try to disable Real ruin and check if that helps.

Beside that i don't have any ideas.

:( my C: drive currently have 133GB of free space
i followed procedure of swap web that you provided and swap is ENABLED.
i disabled real ruins and still got crash.
it always occurs in night. and one strange thing is that first crash of this play through happen on 4. of September at 5 A.M. morning. and after i updated NVIDIA drivers and i installed them Clean. game didn't crash and now i got same type of Crash again in 22. September at 22 P.M night

Canute

Ok,
so we can be sure there is no memory problem !

But the reason why it crash is still unsolved
QuoteUnknown caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module Unknown at 0033:075f9860.
That only show that it isn't the videocard or it would be nv....dll instead of Unkown in your case.

Sorry, but i am out of ideas, maybe someone else got some ideas.

Tynan

It's possible there's actually bad memory hardware. You can use memory testing software to test your memory.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

tindrli

Quote from: Tynan on November 09, 2019, 08:15:57 PM
It's possible there's actually bad memory hardware. You can use memory testing software to test your memory.

thanx for reply. i did two test.
That one integrated windows and that MEMTEST and both of them without any errors :(

Meanwhile i realized that i can take that work laptop home and play so its good for now but still i dont understand.
Crashes started when i added mods. i played for a week or little bit more on vanilla without any crash

Tynan

Quote from: tindrli on November 11, 2019, 05:55:48 AM

That one integrated windows and that MEMTEST and both of them without any errors :(

Meanwhile i realized that i can take that work laptop home and play so its good for now but still i dont understand.
Crashes started when i added mods. i played for a week or little bit more on vanilla without any crash

That's... even weirder. Maybe go back and see if it's still okay?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Canute

Mod's increase the memory need, but when it run's on your work laptop with the same mods without problems and you tested that your RAM is ok and Windows got enough RAM there is maybe another problem.

At first could you post your modlist maybe, i bet you use Hugslib too, so use the green "Share log" button at the ingame logwindow or press CTRL-F12. Post the link you got from there.

And if you got time and the passion maybe reset windows.
It is like a new install. There is a function under Update&security.
It should deactivate all tools/services you maybe installed in the past which i think is the different between your home and work laptop.
After that start rimworld.
But if the laptop work's for all other games you use, it is maybe to much trouble and you shouldn't do it (Never change a running systm !:-) ).

tindrli

Quote from: Canute on November 11, 2019, 06:19:02 AM
Mod's increase the memory need, but when it run's on your work laptop with the same mods without problems and you tested that your RAM is ok and Windows got enough RAM there is maybe another problem.

At first could you post your modlist maybe, i bet you use Hugslib too, so use the green "Share log" button at the ingame logwindow or press CTRL-F12. Post the link you got from there.

And if you got time and the passion maybe reset windows.
It is like a new install. There is a function under Update&security.
It should deactivate all tools/services you maybe installed in the past which i think is the different between your home and work laptop.
After that start rimworld.
But if the laptop work's for all other games you use, it is maybe to much trouble and you shouldn't do it (Never change a running systm !:-) ).

i know what you mean  by change something that works flawlessly. i didn't even wanted to update graphic drivers since sometimes they increase temps of my unit by 10 degree Celsius. however it is time to reset/format my unit since its working from January of 2018.
here is my MOD list as you suggested yes i do use HUGSLIB. i watched some lets play on youtube that i stated in my first post, and i decided to try the same. on first episode he states mods that he use so i watched it and sorted it same as he. however i still got some weird texture errors that i cant fix no matter how i sort those two mods. anyway thats not a point here. here is my mod list from work laptop.
https://git.io/JewZ3
i will  edit this post and do the same of my home laptop that crashes when i get home

thanx again for trying to help

Quote from: Tynan on November 11, 2019, 06:18:03 AM
Quote from: tindrli on November 11, 2019, 05:55:48 AM

That's... even weirder. Maybe go back and see if it's still okay?
yes i know. i will unload everything and try one play through just to see if it will crash. thanx for suggestion

Canute

The new log show at last that you miss a mod.
You use Animal Gear Basic + Animal Armor Vanilla
but these mod need the mod
Animal Gear.

And you have a repeating NullReferenceException: at the end.
But i can't say what does it.