Faction/race Traits

Started by Modraneth, November 10, 2019, 04:43:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modraneth

hi, my idea is simple, and its possibly implemented in some mod, if so please tell me

there is a way to have multiple faction and races on rim, but the traits exclusive to that race normally when a pawn is generated he dont have those specific traits and have some random ones based on all traits in game.
my idea is to have faction/race pawn spawn only with the appropriated traits from their faction/race and/or from the vanilla game (based on their tech level)

example:
we have argonian race and equium race, the equium traits wont be given to argonian pawns
equium pawn would have equium traits and vanilla traits (logic based) and no more traits from other races

i dont know if its a simple thing to do or not, and if this mod already exist please tell me

Kirby23590

I don't think it's that simple for creating a Faction that mostly spawn with traits for them, without using C# or taking a spanner and wrench on Rimworld's engine or in the code and a Mod to do that....

As a fan of fighting a Cannibal Tribes or meeting with Pacifist Outlander Unions made of Wimps or Kind people or just Pirates who like wearing Human Leather and are mostly have Bloodlust in them. I would love to see this, someday facing against a horde of cannibal tribals...

Someday someday, i would want to recruit these type of factions that have 90% to have a Trait that i would like to get from them and their people by recruiting them...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Modraneth

i dont think u get my point.
i wasnt saying for a faction of cannibals ets, i was saying for the people that use race mods, those races mods normally have traits of their one, for example theequium race have traits to the equium pawns that doenst make much sense for a normal pawn to have.
or for example a tribal pawn with 16 years to have a glittertech trait on him

but i would love for some specialized faction with specialized traits on them too
it would be really cool to fight a horde of cannibals for example  8)

Kirby23590

Yeah i get that, but even with race mods. You still need another mod to allow the Equium or the Argonian race to have some specific traits on them from what faction, but Rimworld doesn't have that type of thing yet that allows them to mostly have these traits mostly appear on them.

It's not that simple than you think. Unfortunately in coding it...

Still i'm wishing to fight a horde made of cannibals in the rims, but still. Someday, the future sequel of Rimworld might have something like fighting Hordes of cannibals someday... But i guess i'm day dreaming...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.